Forest Pack > Tutorials

Creating Libraries

<< < (5/5)

samip.pudke:
thanks sir, its sorted out.
and it wont disappear while rendering right?

Paul Roberts:
Hi!

As long as you have removed your pirated license and you're not using any objects that were created with it your objects shouldn't disappear during renders.

I hope that helps

Thanks!

Paul

gargvarun041:
Thanks for the extra tips, I'm sure people will find them useful. You're absolutely right about heavy meshes, in this case we would always recommend one model per file. This is mentioned in the large presets section but could have been made more explicit up front.

nefertum:
Hi,
I have a burning question regarding library creation. I need to create a few new libraries of my custom assets. MANY custom assets. I have the folder structures neatly ready: for each library a root folder with max files, each max file containing single model. Subfolders "maps" and "thumbnails". Names of thumbnails are identical to the names of max files.
Now, I know I can use the Library browser > right click > Import objects > import multiple assets into the library. However, the process of initalizing the objects in "Import objects" window from many max files takes very long time, proportionally.
Alternative, which I have already tried, is create "index.xml" and manually create paragraphs of <item class> entires. This would be in this case VERY time consuming.

Is there a way, to automatize the creation of index.xml (probably outside the interface of 3dsmax), if the proper conditions are met (same folder structure, idnetical naming convention)? Perhaps some batch file, script, etc?
Some vendors (maxtree collections) provide such index.xml files, working right off the bat, if mentioned requierements are met, and it's super handy. However, this is not case of our own files, of course.

iToo:
Hi,

--- Quote ---Now, I know I can use the Library browser > right click > Import objects > import multiple assets into the library. However, the process of initalizing the objects in "Import objects" window from many max files takes very long time, proportionally.

--- End quote ---

How many Max files need you to import ?
I just tested this process (to be sure there is not any problem), and it required just several seconds for 40 Max files.
Unfortunately we cannot optimize it more, because its performance depends of a 3DS Max process which scans the files.

I know this process is not very responsive, but even for tons of files, i think it should not take more than a few minutes to be completed.

--- Quote ---Is there a way, to automatize the creation of index.xml (probably outside the interface of 3dsmax), if the proper conditions are met (same folder structure, idnetical naming convention)? Perhaps some batch file, script, etc?
Some vendors (maxtree collections) provide such index.xml files, working right off the bat, if mentioned requierements are met, and it's super handy. However, this is not case of our own files, of course.

--- End quote ---

No, sorry. It could be done, but actually we have not any script to scan files, outside of Max.
Probably these vendors wrote their own tools, or used the Forest import utility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version