Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Parking Cars with Forest Pack  (Read 34173 times)

Rokas

Re: Parking Cars with Forest Pack
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 07:18:11 PM »
You can still add surface as well.
Rokas

Josh

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 04:16:28 PM »
Hello,

This is a great tool! There does seem to be a problem though, the markers can become truncated at the ends of splines, and when this happens the marker will be made with two faces. When you add the cars using forest, two cars will appear and one of them will have an incorrect rotation. Unfortunately, there is no collision detection when using reference objects.
Is there a way to get the RC not slicing the ends off the markers?

J.

Rokas

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »
Please use marker of triangle shape- I could not replicate the issue- it worked great for me:
Rokas

Josh

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 05:18:32 PM »
Hello Rokas,

Thanks so much for looking into it! I am using the scene file downloaded from the tutorial page, and it has an embedded triangle shape in the RC Style. All I did was to adjust the car spacing until some become sliced.

HOWEVER - I have solved the issue by changing the mode of the default segment to adaptive under rules on the array nodes.

Best,

J.

Rokas

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2018, 06:54:45 AM »
Thanks for the tip!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:55:47 AM by Rokas »
Rokas

LittleAnimator

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 03:47:08 PM »
Don't know if its something I've missed but when I use the flip cars in horizontal mirroring, the cars licence plates end up the wrong way round and the drivers side swaps too. Anyone know how to flip the cars randomly without it changing the texture/model?

Rokas

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 04:47:02 PM »
Don't know if its something I've missed but when I use the flip cars in horizontal mirroring, the cars licence plates end up the wrong way round and the drivers side swaps too. Anyone know how to flip the cars randomly without it changing the texture/model?
This behavior of "horizontal mirroring" is exactly what You described. It may not be the best option for cars, but for foliage it adds another step of randomness.
Rokas

VanWijnen

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 03:11:16 PM »
I'm experiencing the same issues with the licence plates and steering wheel being at the wrong side. I understand that it's the way the horizontal mirror is supposed to work, but I feel like there has to be a solution to this. Would a Railclone script be a better way to control this, since it offers more ways to control this? The RC object for that should be very simple. The only thing is that I can't get Forest color to work with Railclone. Would changing it to RC color be a solution? I know it should work with Material ID's (like i.e. the roof tiles, but then for the carpaint material) but this would be a lot more work.

Dragan

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 05:13:44 PM »
Hi. I`ll go with simple RC to place the reference segments (check the parameters!) and then place FP (reference distribution) with cars. That way you can have a useful advantage from both RC and FP.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:50:00 AM by Dragan »

VanWijnen

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2020, 03:17:48 PM »
Thanks a lot for the effort and solution Dragan!

Dragan

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 03:26:50 PM »
Glad to help.
Here is the file with some more parameters exposed.
Best Regards

damien11235

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2020, 10:02:08 AM »
The rc marker no longer creates any geometry with 3dsmax 2020 and vray 5. Is something wrong with the railclone style.

Rokas

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2020, 10:28:50 AM »
The rc marker no longer creates any geometry with 3dsmax 2020 and vray 5. Is something wrong with the railclone style.
Thanks for reporting
Rokas

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »

We've updated the tutorial files so that they work with recent RailClone version. Please redownload them again from the tutorial page. Thanks again for reporting the issue.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software