Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Procedural_Windows  (Read 3616 times)

Sergey_Dobrij

Procedural_Windows
« on: February 01, 2022, 06:16:09 PM »
Friends, hello! I'm still learning about railclone. In general, the system works, but it will be necessary to debug some points. I am attaching a scene for you to study. Happy comments! Thanks!
I want to thank again everyone who helped me. I wouldn't have made it without you!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 06:23:59 PM by Sergey_Dobrij »

Dragan

Re: Procedural_Windows
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 08:04:35 PM »
Hi, comrade  :)
Well, nice work! Your progress is noticeable!
I don`t have time to test it thoroughly but what I have noticed in a few seconds:
- when the clipping area is larger than approximately 230cm you have a problem with X evenly section
- since your handle is a separate segment I would go with additional Transform at the end to control Y Translation so if the window is too high you can control position up/down

- >:( you can`t open the window!?  ;D ;D ;D
- you need the depth control to accommodate different wall thicknesses (but this is 18 more segments to work with 8) )
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 08:10:29 PM by Dragan »

Sergey_Dobrij

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 08:12:09 PM »
Hi, comrade  :)
Well, nice work! Your progress is noticeable!
I don`t have time to test it thoroughly but what I have noticed in a few seconds:
- when the clipping area is larger than approximately 230cm you have a problem with X evenly section
- since your handle is a separate segment I would go with additional Transform at the end to control Y Translation so if the window is too high you can control position up/down

- >:( you can`t open the window!?  ;D ;D ;D
- you need the depth control to accommodate different wall thicknesses (but this is 18 more segments to work with 8) )
Thanks! Yes, as I said, a lot needs to change. But for now, my head swells from this)). Further 230 cm, I plan to make 4 doors and adjust in height and depth)
Regarding the handle, I had such a parameter so that I could control the position along the Y axis. But I made a mistake with pivot points initially, so I have to rework. Extra practice never hurts!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 08:15:44 PM by Sergey_Dobrij »

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 08:16:46 PM »
Yes, I saw you have a 170cm limit in main Conditionals.
Make a habit of exporting all parameters and creating at least a constant numeric node while you are in the WIP.
This will help to track the parameters or to transfer them to the arithmetic/main numeric nodes at some point when needed.
I would also introduce Marker (You can use only one per subspline but better than nothing) to have additional control over each subspline.

Now, when your Style is basically fine those implementations will not be so difficult but it will result to a huge parametric buster.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 08:20:38 PM by Dragan »

Sergey_Dobrij

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 08:21:46 PM »
Yes, I saw you have a 170cm limit in main Conditionals.
Make a habit of exporting all parameters and creating at least a constant numeric node while you are in the WIP.
This will help to track the parameters or to transfer them to the arithmetic/main numeric nodes at some point when needed.
I would also introduce Marker (You can use only one per subspline but better than nothing) to have additional control over each subspline.

Now, when your Style is basically fine those implementations will not be so difficult but it will result to a huge parametric buster.

Dragan, thanks! I'll polish those procedural windows. Regarding 170 cm, I was guided by data from this site - https://ess-okna.ru/plastikovie-okna-dlya-domov-137-serii/
 Yes, a little later I will add output parameters, for adjustment. And in the future I plan to make a large number of modifications. But while this scene needs to be worked on, at the moment I have used too many repeating items to not get confused.

At the moment I'm trying to understand the conditional node better. Because it doesn't always work out what I want to get.

Next, I plan to make such windows in one modification.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 08:27:12 PM by Sergey_Dobrij »

Dragan

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 08:37:39 PM »
Nice! You are handling conditionals quite good  ;)
I`m working on those too but as a Macro (All-in-one again: vertical/horizontal sections, open, close, slide, etc ).
I don't have a lot of time at the moment but there is a plan to finish it.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 08:39:23 PM by Dragan »

Sergey_Dobrij

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 11:32:29 PM »
Nice! You are handling conditionals quite good  ;)
I`m working on those too but as a Macro (All-in-one again: vertical/horizontal sections, open, close, slide, etc ).
I don't have a lot of time at the moment but there is a plan to finish it.
Friend, I'm always glad to advice and happy to help! I'm more used to helping!) But the times have come when I'm ready to learn. I think the itoo team needs more attention! And together we will achieve it! )

BJ2494

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 07:44:34 AM »
Parametric_Windows.max (4336 kB - downloaded 20 times.)
Please for Max 2017