It's been only a few months since our last Forest Pack release, but we want to give you even more! That's why we’re happy to announce that Forest Pack 6.1.5 is now live
, bringing improved stability and feature compatibility when using V-Ray's latest VFB and viewport IPR modes.
Thanks to this release, you can now see and edit Forest objects live during IPR renders, including the ability to update nearly any setting and see immediately how it affects the final image!
To find out more about the release head to our news page
, or to upgrade immediately just visit your User Panel
.Forest Pack 6.1.5Improvements
- Added compatibility with V-Ray Next Update 1.
- Improved stability with V-Ray IPR and added several improvement, including:
- Added support for Viewport IPR mode.
- Items now can be edited on Custom Edit mode while using V-Ray IPR.
- Forest Color's randomise by Element mode now works during IPR mode even when Display mode is set to Proxy.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when hiding or isolating objects during a V-Ray IPR render.
- When rendering using IPR mode in Corona, Forest Pack objects no longer disappear in the viewports.
- Network Licenses are now released on New File and Reset events in Max.
- Improved scattering performance and memory usage with small/medium distributions.
- Improved performance when loading objects with high material ID values.
- "LibraryDir" and "EffectsDir" can now be defined using environment variables (ITOO_SOFTWARE_FOREST_PACK_PRO_LIBRARYDIR, ITOO_SOFTWARE_FOREST_PACK_PRO_EFFECTSDIR ). They accept a single path entry.
- Removed support for 3DS Max 2012. Forest Pack 6.1.5 is compatible with Max 2013 to 2019.
- Fixed the alignment of the first item on closed splines when using Distribution by Path mode.
- Fixed Distribution by Path using spacing zero generates the maximum number of items defined on Display limits.
- Fixed an issue where animated Effects parameters were not updating correctly.
- Fixed an error that occurred when configuration is defined by environment variables, but the HKCU registry branch doesn't exist.
- Fixed performance issue loading objects with high material ID values.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when adding items in Custom Edit when Geometry List is empty.
- Fixed a bug computing the hierarchy of Elements in Custom Objects (used for Forest Color/Edge Mode).
If you have any questions about this release, please let us know on the forums