We are pleased to announce the release of Forest Pack 5.1 Lite and Pro, introducing support for 3DS Max 2017 and V-Ray 3.4 plus many other fixes as described in the release notes shown below.
Registered users of Forest Pack Pro can download the upgrade from their User Panel->My Products
. For any question about this release, please use the Forest Pack forum
- Added support for Max 2017.
- Added support for V-Ray 3.4
- Added option to customize Font Size for the Lister (see Options).
- Actions of the Toolbar are available at "Customize User Interface" (within "Forest Pack" category).
- Forest Lister is sorted by object's name.
- All configuration keys defined at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE can be read alternatively from same branch at HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
This feature lets you to create custom installations using non-administrative accounts.
- Fixed invisible objects in V-ray when using VRayPhysicalCamera with motion blur or PhysicalCamera.
- Fixed: Effects->Distance to area attributes don't return correct values at least that Area->Fallof is enabled.
- Fixed bug with Animation modes in Mental Ray.
- Fixed rare crash bug when using Animation modes and Display limits.
- Fixed crash when rendering without license.
- Fixed: Effects->dotprod function was decleared as vector instead real.
- Fixed: Toolbar placed out of screen and not visible (see Note 1).
- Fixed: Toolbar is not available after a Workspace change.
- Fixed: Effects->random generator doesn't return consistent values in Custom Edit mode.
- Fixed rare bug that would cause animated objects are not updated correctly.
- Fixed: in some cases Forest Exclude Areas has no effect after the first animation frame.
- Fixed: Forest doesn't update with changes of rotation or scale on Custom Objects, until scene is reloaded.
- Fixed bug with XRef scenes binded to a rotated object.
- Fixed updating issue with Effects using "max.time" property.
Note 1: if toolbar is not visible even after this update, try removing the following file and restarting Max:
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsmax\<your max version>\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\forestpack_toolbar.ini