A new update of the software is available:Forest Pack 8.0.7
- Added toolbar icon for ForestSet.
- Fixed hangup using slow procedural geometries (as GrowFX) shared between several Forest objects.
- Fixed potential crash using Collisions checking with unresolved XRefs.
- Fixed: 'Surface Area' is not updated in Area rollup when adding or removing Surfaces.
- Fixed: Forest Lister->Rebuild doesn't update for splines included in a ForestSet.
- Fixed behaviour of Undo/Redo of Paint Areas when painting is not activated.
- Improved performance for animated Corona Proxies (Corona v10 and above).
- Fixed: using Interactive Renderers, object is always rebuilt with view changes, ignoring the parameter Camera->'Enabled on Viewport/IR'.
- Improved updating of Forest objects with Interactive Renderers, not rebuilding them in some cases where it was not necessary.
- Library items are added to the Geometry List in alphabetic order.
- Added checking to prevent empty values in some text controls (as Name in Geometry List).Forest Pack 8.0.6
- Fixed crash in V-Ray in some special cases (i.e. using VRayDistanceTex with the Forest object).
- Fixed crash using ForestSet with interactive renderers.
- Fixed: toolbar is not restored to its latest position when Max is loaded.Forest Pack 8.0.5
- Fixed error computing distance from item to area (used in Falloff, Edge Mode and other features).
- Fixed behavior of nested areas in ForestSet.
- Fixed: Selected items on Custom Edit mode are not visible when using Display->Mesh/Proxy mode.
- Fixed potential issues with circular references of ForestSet.
- Fixed mispelled name in ForestSet object.
- Display->'Direct X Acceleration' is removed (it was not needed for recent Max versions).
Forest 8.0.x is a major release with new features and improvements. To see a full list of what’s new, check out the official announcement
If you have any questions about this release, please let us know on the forums