This beta version requires a license with an active Forest Pro subscription. For more information about the new subscription scheme, please see the following post: Forest price changes.
To see the subscription end date of your license, select it on the Itoo Software License Manager and click the 'Details' button. If you have purchased a subscription renewal but the subscription date is not updated, add the latest authorization code that you have received ('Add' button), and proceed with the activation process.Note 2:
Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we not guarantee an absence of errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk.Forest Pack Pro 3.5.0b
New features and improvements
- Full 3D scattering using UV surface coordinates.
* The scattering mode can be selected in the surface rollout (XY: original mode, using 2D projection, UV: new 3D mode, using UV coords)
* Several features are not available in UV mode: Splines, Bitmap rotation, Dist.Map Channel (locked to 1), "Link to Surface" on Custom Edit mode
- New plugin: Forest Color. Use it to add color variation to the Forest items, in a similar way to Forest Material but with significative differencies:
* Since it is a texture map, not a material, can be used as diffuse map, specular, opacity, etc.
* Includes up to 10 randomly color/texture maps. Adjustable parameters: color / map / presence (%) / on-off toggle
* Adds 5 blending modes for Random Tint: Normal, Color, Additive, Average and Multiply
* Random Tint and Maps can be applied by item or by element:
The items are the objects that are scattered (for example, the trees), and the elements are the mesh parts of each item (as the leaves of a tree).
This powerful feature allows us for example, to randomize several leaf textures in a tree, or tint individually each blade of a clump of grass.
For Random Tint is possible to adjust the amount of tint applied by item or by element (0% to 100%). See images for samples.
Note: this mode works only in VRay and Mental Ray using mesh objects (proxies are not supported).
- Points-cloud performance has been greatly improved
- The Library Browser now supports 3D objects. (Note: this feature is not finished yet. Wait till the next beta for a full implementation and documentation).
Fixes and changes
- Random Tint with Gradient was not using the right colours in Mental Ray
- The 'Freeze All' parameter is handled in a different way
- Display->Hide Custom is off by default, except when Mental Ray is the active renderer
- 'Hidden items' added to Forest Stats (Custom Edit mode only)
- Random Tint is enabled in Forest Lite (including new Forest Color plugin)
- Surface List can be edited from Maxscript
- Improved vray proxy file search in network render
- Distribution Maps using ColorCorrect are updated properly
- Max 7 & Max 8 are not longer supported. Forest now requires Max 9 or greater.
- Add Max 2012 support.Sample Images