Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we not guarantee an absence of errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk.Note 2:
Library presets on this version has been modified. If you have scenes created with Forest 4.0, that use presets on XRef mode, they may fail to load. The following post
describes how to fix this issue.Forest Pack Pro 4.1.1 beta
- Added RGB Level for diffuse maps to Material Optimizer.
- XRef materials always are merged in the scene, regardless of the Library Browser settings.
- Fixed: Material are not assigned correctly from the Library Browser (4.1.0 bug).Forest Pack Pro 4.1.0 beta
- Density/Scale falloff and Boundary Checking for Surface areas (without creating an auxiliary spline).
- Added right-menu selector for Custom Objects, Surfaces and Areas.
- Added Display->Update All. Rebuilds all Forest objects.
- Added support for motion blur in VRay.
- Added support for VRay 1.5 in Max 2013.
- Added Max 2014 to the installer.
- Added Preset materials for Octane and Thea Render.
- Some library models (daisy and white clover) were to big. They have been scaled to a more natural size.
- Right click on Creation Panel->Library button clears current selection.
- Presets now can use library materials. Each material of the preset is replaced by a material from the library with same name.
- XRef import is disabled by default for Preset models. This behaviour can be overriden editing manually the XML definition file (set propery xref=1).
- The templates layer now keeps a single copy for each plant model. Scenes created with previous versions (from 4.0), are automatically optimized when saved with Forest 4.1.
- Fixed: error loading preset if exists in the scene a Forest object with same name as used in preset.
- Added support for labels and thumbnails at library level.
- Fixed major viewport slowdown when using animated VRay proxies.
Note: By efficiency reasons, now Forest doesn't update automatically if you modify a Custom Object and this is animated. Use Display->Update to reload them.
- Point-cloud colors are gamma corrected.
- Point-cloud mode is suggested for Laubwerk objects.
- Fixed bug with nested Forests when inner object is on Custom Edit mode.
- Geometry->ID Color are properly updated after cloning.
- "Add Multiple" selectors (Custom Object/Area/Surface) now accept geometric objects created from splines.
- Fixed updating issue when two o more areas share a same spline or object.
- Fixed crashing bug using Tree Editor when object is empty ('F' icon).
- Fixed items rotation when using Forest in XRef scenes with "Bind" option.
- All Maxscript functions that have size as parameter, now accept zero to use the default item size (Custom Objects only).
Registered customers of Forest Pack Pro can download the upgrade from User Panel->Beta versions