Note 1:Forest Pack Pro 4.2.0 beta
Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we not guarantee an absence of errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk.Forest Pack Pro 4.2.1 beta
- Added 32 new presets: Meadows
- "Tree Editor->Add Items" mode is set by default to "Random".
- Fixed random crash cloning Forest objects.
- Fixed several issues in the Library Browser.
- Custom Edit items are properly positioned when rescaling scene units.
- Fixed look of "Areas->Pick Models" dialog when resized.
- Fixed rare crash in Forest Color when modified from Maxscript.
- Area parameters are NOT imported from the Library Presets, as it was done in v.4.2.0b. This feature is reverted to its original behaviour.
- Added support for V-Ray 3.0 final.
- Transform->Translation X/Y range is defined with min/max values.
- Added Transform->Translation Map.
- Added Transform->Probability map (for translation, rotation and scale).
When enabled, the map is taken as a probability value for the random range (black: no random, white: full random range)
- New Animation mode: "Frame from Map". Map is used to define the absolute frame within the Start/End range (black: Start, white: End).
- Diversity Map can use its own texture, regardless of the Distribution Map.
- Area parameters are imported from the Library Presets. If the active Forest object has splines assigned, they are reused.
- New scattering algorithm for UV Surfaces, which allow to deform the surface without changing the density of the distribution.
To preserve compatibility with old scenes, existing Forest objects use the old algorithm.
- In Custom Edit mode, items are placed in the highest surface when there are several of them stacked.
- "Material Optimizer" can be applied to the material library.
- Inverted fallof curves can be used at same time with including and excluding areas.
- "VRay not compatible" message is shown only one time and doesn't crash Max.
- Forest Tools uses a more descriptive name for the generated items.
- 2D Library items are compatible with VRay 3.
- Fixed: Presets are loaded as XRefs, instead merged in the scene.
Registered customers of Forest Pack Pro can download the upgrade from User Panel->Beta versions