Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we don't guarantee there won't be errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk.
Registered users of Forest Pack Pro can download the upgrade from the User Panel->Beta versions
. For any question about this release, please use the Forest Pack beta forum
.Forest Pro 5.0.2 beta
- Improved hit-test viewport performance for mesh modes.
- Fixed Forest Color and Edge mode with Corona Renderer.
- Fixed Mental Ray error using Animation->Frame from Map.
- Fixed crash bug on Forest objects that use only billboards only (FP 5 bug).
- Fixed: First face on UV surfaces is skipped from scattering (FP 5 bug).Forest Pro 5.0.1 beta
- Fixed random crash bug.Forest Pro 5.0.0 beta
- This new feature lets you to extend the functionality of Forest Pack by adding endless possibilities for animation, random transform, colouring, etc.
- Similar to a scripting engine, it's based on mathematical expressions which are applied to the Forest items.
- Effects can be loaded from a from a library (not available yet), importing them from individual files, or creating your own using expressions.
- Exportable parameters and references are allowed, letting you to create an easy interface for end users.
- See the documentation
for full reference and examples.
- Note: the "Library" button in the Effects rollup has no effect yet, but the Effects editor (clicking the "Edit" button) is fully functional.
- Added new presets: Mulch and Rugs.
- Library presets can use nested Forest objects, but with several restrictions:
* Nested objects must use only area splines, not surfaces or exclusion objects.
* Be sure there are no duplicate names in custom objects or areas.
- Added "Render quality" option to the library presets. Enables you to select simplified materials for faster render times.
* Actually this option is available only for V-Ray materials.
* It works by modifying standard materials using Maxscript. For example, in V-Ray it replaces VRay2sidedMtl by VRayMtl.
* You can add your own materials procedures by editing the function "updateLibMaterial" in forestlib.ms. Ask us in the forum for more details.
- Areas->Falloff global parameters and Transform->Probability curves are imported from library presets.
- Added Maxwell materials for Lawns, Leaves, Meadows and Stones presets.
- Auto generated materials are optimized, removing unused and duplicated materials. This is particularly useful for nested Forest objects.
* If your materials require the previous behaviour, this feature can be disabled by setting optimizeAutomaterial=0 in forestpack.ini.
- Added support for V-Ray 3.3.
* Forest Pack 5 benefits of the render performance improvements of V-Ray 3.2 and 3.x. In our tests speed gains were between 40% to 100% depending of the scene.
* V-Ray 1.5 and 3.0 are not longer supported. Currently supported V-Ray versions are 2.x, 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3.
- Added Areas->Edge mode for Mental Ray and Corona renderer.
* These renderers require to use "Forest Edge" (a new procedural texture map) in the opacity slot of ALL materials used by the Forest Object.
* Forest Edge has no effect when used with other render engines.
* Added support for "Forest Edge" in the Material Optimizer, so it can be applied with a single click in your scene or material library.
- Distribution->Diversity Map and Clusters now recognize multiple models with the same color ID, handling them as a group with their own Probability values.
* To keep compatibility with existing scenes, this feature is applied only on new FP objects.
* This feature is not compatible with Areas->Select models. In this case, the previous behaviour is applied (using only the first color ID match).
- Added support of V-Ray Velocity channel for animated proxies.
- Distribution->Max.Density range is raised to 999.
- All scattering limits (Distribution->Max.Density, Display->Max Items/Faces) can be disabled by setting the value to zero.
- Default Distribution Map is changed to "dense".
- Optimize Materials automatically replaces "Normal Bump" maps with VRayNormalMap.
- Improved memory usage rendering animations with Mental Ray.
- Fixed random crashing bug rendering with Mental Ray in Max 2016.
- Fixed solid color screen after cancelling a Corona render.
- Fixed crash when navigating in viewport while Corona is rendering.
- Fixed crash using Corona interactive with Forest Color.
- Fixed duplicated IDs on Geometry list with Copy/Paste operations.
- Geometry List->Copy/Paste now copies the color ID correctly.
- Fixed bug with Areas->Object exclude->Top limit.