Forest Pack 6 beta
is now available for testing. Registered users of Forest Pack Pro can download the upgrade from the User Panel->Beta versions
. For any question about this release, please use the Forest Pack beta forum.Note:
Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we don't guarantee there won't be errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk. Forest Pack Pro 6.0.3
Forest Pack Pro 6.0.2
- Added support for 3DS Max 2019.
- Added Arnold support.
* Forest Color and Edge mode are not currently supported. Both require an update to Arnold, which is expected within the next few months.
* The builtin library doesn't include Arnold materials yet. We'll upgrade it on next updates.
- Fixed: Distribution by Path generates same distribution for each sub-spline.
- Fixed: Display->Viewport Mode overrides Render Mode on V-Ray IPR.
Forest Pack Pro 6.0.1
- Added support for V-Ray Next beta 2.
* Note: actually there is a problem with Max 2013 and 2014 causing a crash on render. We're investigating this issue. Other Max versions work fine.
- Added "Select all Forest dependences" to the quad menu.
* It selects the Forest object together all their dependences (geometries, areas, surfaces, etc).
- Fixed crash rendering nested FP object without any material assigned.
- Fixed potential crash with animation maps returning negative values.
- Fixed freezing issue with nested objects and V-Ray IPR.
- Fixed bug in Effects expressions with functions returning vectors.
- Fixed freezing issue with V-Ray RT on IPR mode.
- Fixed: excluding areas from FP objects are not updated correctly in some renderers.
- Fixed: some parameters are not updated in the interface when are animated using Autokey.
- Fixed rare crash when Forest object is created.
Forest Pack Pro 6.0.0New Features and changes
- Fixed freezing bug when a nested FP object is used in more than one Forest.
- Fixed: "Geometry->Consolidate Materials" is always on, regardless of the checkbox.
- Fixed problems with Layered Lawns library.
- Fixed: surfaces are cleared when importing a preset from library.
- The "XRef Unit's mistmach" popup (shown when loading from library) can be disabled setting disableXRefPopups=1 in forestpack.ini, or from "General->Configuration->Disable Popups".
* "General->Configuration->Disable Popups" will disable ALL Forest popus, not only this one.
* Before turning off the popup, double check that "Rescale the XRef Objects" is on, as default option. If not, libraries will be not loaded correctly.
- Initial computing of Point-cloud now is multi-thread. That should improve a bit the load of heavy models.
- Added support for V-Ray Next beta 1.
- New memory management system. Scattering performance is increased up to 150% with large distributions.
- Improved stability with V-Ray IPR.
- Faster load of V-Ray and Corona proxies.
- Viewport now uses a quick draft of the proxy, instead the full mesh as before.
- Note: To use Point-cloud with Corona proxies, it's necessary to set the Proxy Viewport method to "Full Mesh".
- Updated UI
- Added General->Settings icon. This button lets you to configure global settings for all FP objects, including:
- Visible Rollups. Lets to hide Forest rollups from the Modify panel.
- Disable Popups (moved from the General rollup).
- Group Boxes are collapsible. State is global and saved between Max sessions.
- Resizeable lists (such as Geometry List). State is local to each Forest object and saved with the scene.
- Added new Icon mode to Creation panel.that lets you to create an empty Forest object, and edit it later from the Modify panel.
- Added item tooltip to the listboxes. Put cursor over an row to see the full item name.
- Added new Distribution modes (available from the Distribution rollup)
- Image, the default mode in previous versions.
- Using Reference objects, by Pivot point or Mesh faces.
- Along a path.
- From a Particle Flow.
NB Reference and Path modes replaces Tree Editor->Creation Tools, which have been removed.
- Added attributes for Particle Flow distribution: particleAge, particleSpeed.
- Added a generic property to the items in Tree Editor: User ID.
- This value can be edited by the user and read in Forest Effects, for any use.
- Also it's used for some special purposes. For example, in Distribution->Path mode it stores the item counter along the path.
- Added new transform attributes:
- "fpItem.xrotaxis", "fpItem.yrotaxis", "fpItem.zrotaxis": rotation of Forest Item expressed as a system of 3 vectors.
- New Parameter types: Texture maps and Curves.
- Multiple effects per Forest object.
- Added new Effect attributes for new paths mode:
- distPathPos: Normalized position of item on path (Distribution by Path only).
- distPathTangent: Tangent vector of path on item position (Distribution by Path only).
- When fpItem.geomID is greater than maximum ID, result is the remainder, not the maximum value as before.
- 30 Effects added to the library.
- iToo Software Update Manager
- New manager for downloading, installing and managing Forest Pack content including libraries, presets and effects.
- Separates the library content from the application.
- Download new libraries, presets and effects at any time.
- Libraries and Presets
- Surface parameters are now imported from Library presets.
- New starter library - 23 new trees in 11 species.
- New grass presets designed to work in layers. 26 variations.
- New vertical walls presets
- 13 new distribution maps.
- Raised Distribution->Max.Density default value (from 20 to 40 mill.)
- Improved viewport performance with Camera features.(When camera changes, Forest is updated only is some Camera feature is used).
- Added Maxscript function: getSelected(). Returns indexes of items selected on Custom Edit mode (array of integers).
- Material->Forest Shader parameters are removed from the interface. These are used only for billboards in Mental Ray and if needed, you can modify them from Maxscript as: fastopac, tracedepth, opaclevel, selfillum, irradiance.
- Appended source name to Library objects imported in the "forest_templates" layer (i.e. "_forest_library_H4AXKAQ_birch_01").
- "Tree Editor" is renamed to "Items Editor". Replaced other references from "trees" to "items"
- Added Display->Point-cloud Style: Small or Large Dot. Value is global to all Max scenes.
- "Camera->Limit to Visibility" and "Look-at->On" are off by default.
- Main Forest folder is moved from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro" to "C:\Program Files\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro"
- 32 bit versions and legacy plugins (Forest Pro 2.x) are removed.
- Fixed: items dissapear when using Undo/Redo in Custom Edit mode
- Fixed: Items are not visible on viewport while using Interactive Render (both V-Ray and Corona).
- Fixed: "XRef Material->Override" option is ignored when building the Forest automaterial.
- Fixed: Changes in the Geometry List don't modify existing items in Custom Edit mode.
- Fixed updating issue with Color Swatch controls in PBStore.
- Fixed behaviour of Forest Lister when rollups order is changed.
- Fixed several issues of General->Presets. Now Areas, Surfaces and Effects are not saved with the preset.
- Fixed: Geometry->Color ID doesn't support Copy/Paste.
- Fixed crash loading nested library objects.
- Fixed: Items with high values of random Translation are placed outside of its area.
- Fixed: Effects Editor cannot load JPG thumbnails.
- Fixed: Both Point-cloud and mesh are drawn on viewport when Display->Render->Mode is set to "Meshes".
- Fixed: Tree Editor->Add inserts multiple items for LOD objects.
- Fixed: User toolbars using Forest actions are reset when Max is loaded.
- Fixed crash loading scenes with LOD linked to a XRef.
- Fixed: Camera in Deadline render jobs is not updated, when using "Camera->Auto assign to active view".
NOTE: to make it work, be sure to select a Camera as current view, when render job is submitted to Deadline. It WILL FAIL if current view is a not a camera (as perspective, top view, etc.)
- Fixed issue with missing references when a library item is used both in the main and a XRef scene.
- Fixed "controller returns invalid type" warning when a Controller Parameter is linked to a rotation control.
- Fixed: Error reading constant values in expressions with regional settings which not use "." as decimal point.
- Fixed: Z value of fpItem.areaIncNearest and fpItem.areaExcNearest now matches with item's Z position.
- Fixed: Parameter->Default range is limited to 0-100 for real and integer types.