Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we not guarantee an absence of errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk.
Registered users of RailClone Pro can download the upgrade from the User Panel->Beta versions
. RailClone Pro 2.4.5 beta
- Fixed rotation component of UVW XForm in V-Ray.
- Fixed Max.faces warning message in Corona Renderer.
- Fixed rendering of RC objects with modifiers in V-Ray RT.
- Fixed Style Editor disappearing problems on multi-monitor configurations.RailClone Pro 2.4.4 beta
- Added support for V-Ray 3.1. Previous versions were compiled with V-Ray 3.0.
- Fixed: Value of Random node was generated before evaluating its exported parameters.
- Fixed missing .tga textures in library materials.RailClone Pro 2.4.3 beta
- Fixed: Segment->Deform->Nest was applied always in V-Ray, regardless of the parameter value.
- Improved handling of multi threading. Also fixed rare crash on certain conditions.
- Fixed rendering of RC objects with modifiers in Corona Renderer.
- Several fixes on library styles.RailClone Pro 2.4.2 beta
Fixes and changes:
- Fixed bug of Evenly
Segments when using Surface
- Materials are not longer XRef'd when Override Material
is off in the Library item properties.
- Fixed: Stepped segments are not instanced correctly on curved paths.
- Fixed padding of initial segment on closed paths when Bevel is off.
- Fixed behaviour of Generator->Adaptive/Scale/Count
mode when using Transform operators.
- Fixed trimming of Generator->Limits->Padding
on offset paths.
- Fixed updating of clipping areas when using nested RC objects.
- Fixed size
now works properly with Generator->Scale/Adaptive/Count
- Fixed: Generator->Limits->Padding Top/Bottom
- Fixed behaviour of Fixed Size
when Segment->Transform->Transform Affect Size
- Fixed: Generator->Limit by ID
uses a wrong range ([0..n-1] instead [1..n]) when parameter is exported.
- Fixed: in some cases the last segment of a linear generator would be skipped when using negative paddings.
- Added Maxscript functions to get/set Style Description: $.railclone.getStyleDesc(), $.railclone.setStyleDesc("my style")
- The following styles has been completely redone, using the new RailClone features and improved materials:
* Civil Engineering->Pavements->Curbs
* Civil Engineering->Pavements->SidewalkRailClone Pro 2.4.1 beta
- Added Style Description
. Lets you to see in a quick view, a general description of the style, base objects and parameters.
* Use Style Editor->Style->Edit description
to edit, and Style rollout->Help button
to show description.
- Added UVW XForm->Random->Step increment
. Lets to define step of random values (e.g. random rotation from 0° to 360° on 90° steps).
- Added more exportable parameters to Segment and Transform nodes.
- Exportable parameters/attributes are sorted by category.
- Added Clear all
to Export Parameters/Attributes.
- Generator->Cap Holes
feature has been removed, because insolvable texture issues.
- Instancing is not disabled when using features not supported by the engine. These features are just not applied (this was the behaviour of previous versions).
- Added warning message to General->Stats
to inform of features not compatible with instancing.
- Fixed UVW XForm->Rotation
- Removed wrong warning when connecting Arithmetic
node to Segment->Exported Attributes.
- Nodes with exported attributes are properly collapsed.
- Fixed: Expression editor doesn't display result if node's output is not connected.
- Fixed behaviour of Segment->Flat Top/Bottom
when pivot is not aligned to bottom.
- Fixed bug of Compose node when using Segment->Alignment different from Automatic.
- Removed isolated vertices on Generator->Clipping process.RailClone Pro 2.4.0 beta
New features and changes:
- Added UVW XForm
- Added Export Attributes
. This feature allows to export numeric values from nodes. e.g. size of a Segment. To use it: select Segment->right click->Export Attributes.
accepts multiple map channels. Write them separated by spaces (*)
and UVW XForm
(*) operators can be used with all render engines and RailClone Tools when Display->Use Instancing Engine
- Added Generator->Limits->Padding
(Start/End for Linear, Left/Right/Top/Bottom for Arrays).
- Added two modes for Generator->Rules->Evenly
: Distance and Count. Distance works as before, and Count creates a fixed number of elements.
- Improved conform to Surface for very large splines. Added parameter to define interpolation's step: Style->Geometry->Surface Interpolation
(5cm by default).
can be used with Default slot. It checks the latest vertex before the Default segment.
- Display->Use Geometry Shader
is renamed to Use Instancing Engine
- Added Generator->Cap Holes
. It works same as Cap Holes Max modifier but keeping instancing capability.
- RailClone Tools->Instantiate
copies User Properties, Object ID and wireframe color of the source object (when exists).
- Added Segments selector to Quad menu.
- Installer supports multiple Max versions.
(*) Segments using these features can be instanced only in V-Ray.
- Improved detection of hotspot for node wiring.
- Style Editor can be placed at left side on multi-monitor configurations.
- Clipboard file (rcclip.dat) is stored in a temporary folder.
- Fix: added creation context menu for wires dragged from Clipping Area slots.
- Auto rename of Parameters and Base Objects on wiring.
- Added result of Arithmetic->Expression
on edit dialog.
- Wires can be dragged directly over a node, connecting them to a default slot depending of the wire's type.
- Dragging between nodes outputs swaps their links.
- Fixed: nodes with multiple inputs were keeping empty slots after links deletion.
- All nodes include an On/Off exportable parameter. This parameter is independent of the clickable On/Off state.
- Multiple wiring support, selecting several nodes of the same type and dragging (e.g. to connect multiple Segments to a Randomize operator).
- Added Segment->Right Menu->Clone Multiple
. Clones a Segment multiple times, using objects from the scene as source.
- All boolean parameter are available for exporting.
parameters are available for exporting.
- Fixed behaviour of Generator->Align to Path
with Corner segments and closed splines.
- Position of panels in Style Editor is saved and restored properly.
- Fixed crash modifying objects assigned to a segment (Max 2010 and older).
- Removed limits from Generator->Fillet Radius.
- Vertex Color channel is generated only when needed.
- A2S Generator->Clipping->Rotation Z
now works in local coordinates.
- Segments are updated when their referenced objects are converted to editable mesh.
deletes isolated vertices.
- Fixed rare bug when using no Bend segments at Corners.
- Fixed rare bug with empty segments (see here
- Fixed potential crashing bug moving cursor on viewports while render (V-Ray and Max 2015 only).
- Improved behaviour of Fixed Size
with empty Segments.
is aligned correctly when applying random scale.
- Clipping Area
is properly updated when Generator is off.
- Fixed bug that would disable Start/End segments when using Base Object->Start/End limits