Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we don't guarantee there won't be errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk.
Registered users of RailClone Pro can download the upgrade from the User Panel->Beta versions
. For any question about this release, please use the RailClone beta forum
- Added support for Arnold 5.1 and MaxToA 2.0, both in Max 2018 and Max 2019.
* RailClone doesn't longer work with Arnold 5.0. The upgrade to 5.1 is a requirement. It can be downloadeded from here: https://www.solidangle.com/arnold/download/#3dsmax
- Fixed problems with Adaptive mode.
- Bevels now can be used with Count mode.
- Modifiers in RailClone objects are used on nested objects.
* Only if Segment->Nest is not enabled in the outer object. This mode is not compatible with modifiers.
- Fixed precision error when segment ends just at the spline's limit.
- Fixed crash in Style Editor dragging a Macro category (not a macro) from the Macros tree.3.1.3 beta
- Fixed bug of RC 3.1.2b with Adaptive mode.3.1.2 beta
- Added support for V-Ray Next beta 3.
- Added support for Arnold Renderer in Max 2018.
- Added UVW XForm->"Rotate about Center".
* It has no effect with Segment's mapping.
* To make it work identically to the UVW XForm Max modifier, now Scale is applied after Rotation (previously Scale was applied before Rotation).
- Added "SubSplineCounter" to expressions.
* Index of sub-spline when using compound X splines. Valid both for array and linear generators. Starts in 0.
- Bevels now can be used with Adaptive mode.
* "Bevel Mode" and "Bevel Offset" have no effect. In all cases is used the same type of bevel with offset 0.
- Several array inputs have been renamed, to more understable names according its operation.
Left Side -> Start, Right Side -> End, Top Side -> Top, Bottom Side -> Botton, Inner Corner -> X Corner
LT Corner -> Start Top, RT Corner -> End Top, LB Corner -> Start Bottom, RB Corner -> End Bottom
- For "Style->Free Object" the full spline's transformation is ignored (Position/Rotate/Scale), not ony Position as before.
* This fixes a problem with XRef scenes binded to a rotated object.
* Existing scenes may be affected if were using the Rotation or Scale of the spline.
That can be fixed re-aligning the RC object with the spline (ie. using Alt+A) for rotation, and applying a Reset XForm to the spline, for scale.
- Added "Sync between Generators" to "Random" node. It lets to generate same random values for all Generators.
- Added warning when using Point-cloud mode with nested RC objects.
- Fixed Style->Geometry->Vertex Weld, which was broken in latest release. 3.1.1 beta
- Added support 3DS Max 2019.
- Added Arnold renderer support.
* Material operator, UVW XForm and RailClone Color are not currently supported.
* The builtin library doesn't include Arnold materials yet. We'll upgrade it on next updates.
- Fixed: in Point-cloud mode, Z-Offset is applied twice for segments with Bend off.
- Fixed bug computing Corner on first vertex of closed splines.
- Fixed resizing Note nodes when Style Editor is zoomed.
- Fixed "Simple Y Offset mode" with collinear vertices.
- Fixed bug when using "Extend X/Z Size to Area" and "X-->XY" mode with splines coplanar to XY.