Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Minor Bug..  (Read 2072 times)

jona

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
Minor Bug..
« on: September 20, 2011, 05:45:52 AM »
I cloned a couple of my forest objects as copies. When I hide any of them and try to render one of them alone I get the Mental Ray "PHEN 003:" error that it can't find an instance of a forest object.

Instead of cloning I remade the objects and all is well. But you may want to check this one out as I understood you may have already done a fix on that error.


iToo

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3076
    • iToo Software
Re: Minor Bug..
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:48:33 AM »

Thanks for reporting the problem. I'm trying to reproduce the bug here, but it doesn't fail in the basic tests. What type of objects do you use (billboards, meshes or proxies) and what Max version ?

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

jona

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
Re: Minor Bug..
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 06:37:21 PM »
In this case I am using custom objects which are simple Wheat stalks.

I am using Max2011.

iToo

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3076
    • iToo Software
Re: Minor Bug..
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 10:18:58 AM »

How do you render the Forest object, using "Area to Render->Selected" ?

I have reproduced the error using this option, but this is normal. This mode doesn't export to Mental Ray the objects used as Custom meshes, so Forest cannot get the geometry from them.

On the other hand, i don't see any difference cloning or recreating the copies. May be this is other problem, but i cannot reproduce it here.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

jona

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
Re: Minor Bug..
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 06:09:05 PM »
I have a large wheat field. The render farm can't handle it all at once. So I divide it into three parts. When I render one I hide the other two.

I made the second two by cloning copies of the first one. Though when I went to render it failed.

So I remade the second two fields from scratch and that works.

I was rendering full, everything.

Thanks!