Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: 2016 issues  (Read 2220 times)

NCViz

2016 issues
« on: August 28, 2015, 03:48:13 PM »
I have just started testing in 3ds Max 2016.  When clicking the Optimize Materials button I get the following error:  Error running Maxscript (ForestPackOptmatRollout)

I am also getting the Units Missmatch dialog when picking trees from the library using XRefs and when opening a file with XReferenced trees.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: 2016 issues
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 04:16:42 PM »
Hi,

Please double check you (3ds Max) can access the optmat.mse file located at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\forestpack (or the corresponding ...\scripts\forestpack folder if you changed the default 3ds Max location).

Regarding the XRef Object Merge: Units Mismatch warning window: Because of the importation process slightly changed, that message is triggered while working with the 3ds Max 2016 (even it's actually merging items/models and not linking them as XRefs). Anyway, upon our testing it behaves correctly (when using any geometry from scene with different Scene Unit Setup it´ll rescale the geometry accordingly).  I would suggest you always leave the default option Rescale the XRef Objects to the System Unit Scale marked.

We've already contacted Autodesk regarding it, but it doesn't seem there is a possibility to avoid that "confirmation" step.

Best regards,

NCViz

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 08:10:45 PM »
Thank you.  I had to reinstall Forest Pro since the \scripts\forestpack\ folder was missing somehow.

QM3423

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 08:56:13 PM »
So if I am using Architectural Units and go to insert a ForestPro 'forest' from VizPark that contains many types of trees, I get the popup that asks me to "rescale" each set of trees.  There is no way around this? No setting to set to avoid the numerous rescale popups?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 01:33:07 PM »
I'm afraid actually there is no way to avoid the popup. I hope Autodesk includes some option to configure this behaviour.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

QM3423

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 11:04:10 PM »
Okay thank you. I find ForestPro runs better for me overall in 2016. But that popup comes up multiple times when loading a scene with forest instances. o well.