Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Bitmap Photometric Paths & FP  (Read 6066 times)

Mike Truly

• Truly Media
Bitmap Photometric Paths & FP
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:11:41 PM »
Carlos,

I have a scene where I have some FP trees.  In a separate scene I made another FP tree object.  I merged in the new FP tree object into the original scene (all seemed fine after doing this).  I needed to update the UNC path to the texture used by the new FP tree.  I go to use Bitmap/Photometric Paths in Utilities (as I always do) but it takes an eternity for the Bitmap/Photometric Paths Utility dialog to open.  I can only assume this is related to the bitmap being assigned to FP tree objects (which contains many trees)?  Finally, it opened but took much longer than before.  When it finally does open, I set the new path in seconds but then it takes an eternity for the dialog to refresh and show the new path.

Just wondering if there is any kind of issue with FP and the Bitmap/Photometric Paths Utility?  Guess I should have dialed in a small number of trees... used the utility... then dialed back in the large number of trees.

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
----------------------------------------------------------------
Truly Media
http://www.trulymedia.com

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Bitmap Photometric Paths & FP
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:46:39 PM »

Most of plugins (including Forest) have not control over the texture paths or the bitmap loading, all work is done internally by max. Possibly the utility is taking a long time to reply because some missed network path.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Mike Truly

• Truly Media
Re: Bitmap Photometric Paths & FP
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 02:19:04 PM »
Thanks Carlos... I'll look into it.
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
----------------------------------------------------------------
Truly Media
http://www.trulymedia.com