Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Colorful forest  (Read 485 times)

lingrenddd

Colorful forest
« on: February 17, 2022, 04:23:34 PM »
A few days ago, I sent a post on the forest color, but the Max source file was lost, and now I changed the direction, how to make this colorful forest, is it using Forest Color (if each leaf is tunes once, will It is a huge project, but the color correction does not seem to be very easy to use, the effect is not ideal). Can you show an example, each tree leaves are textured, not solid color, under the 7.1.2 version, how to achieve fast operation

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Colorful forest
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 03:08:46 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your question. You should be able to create that kind of effect using the Tint controls in the Materials rollout. Note though that for this (or colour correct) to work, Forest Colour maps need to be applied to the Diffuse inputs of all the materials. Thankfully this can be automated using Optimise Materials script. To open it click the Optimise Materials button from the Materials rollout.

Just make sure the options selected above are checked and click Optimise. Now that you have Forest Color maps in your materials you can use the tint settings to control them globally. Either use the gradient built into the Material rollout or a custom gradient map if you'd like more control. Don't forget to change the mode to Get Color from Map > Random values if you decide to use the latter option.

For a more vibrant effect, you might want to change the transfer mode from Colour to Additive and then reduce slightly the Random Strength. Unfortunately, you'll have to do this manually for each Forest Color map.

Note too, that if you are using an object from a library that already has Forest Color maps applied, it might be that they have enabled Tint Override enabled. In order to use the global settings from the Materials rollout you'll need to switch this off.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

lingrenddd

Re: Colorful forest
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 03:43:04 PM »
Thank you very much, I will try it.