Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Cut Hedge Autumn Gradient  (Read 333 times)

ShaneMcG

Cut Hedge Autumn Gradient
« on: June 22, 2023, 03:52:52 PM »
Hey there,

for an autumn scene I am trying to get one of the presets (200 cm hornbeam cut hedge) to look like the this:

Unfortunatelly, it's to no success so far. I tried the colour gradient, but it didn't work. I googled and searched the forum, too, but found nothing like this.
Can you please help give me a hint on this one?

Software: Max 2023, Corona 9, latest FP

Thanks in advnace!
Teo
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 03:56:38 PM by ShaneMcG »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Cut Hedge Autumn Gradient
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 09:27:07 AM »
Hi Teo,

Using the Get Color from Map - As texture on Surface (please feel free to check the "Football Field" tutorial) should do the trick. You might find handy the "use of the Planar from World XYZ mapping coordinate system" as mentioned here.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

ShaneMcG

Re: Cut Hedge Autumn Gradient
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 11:55:30 AM »
Thanks a lot, Michal!
Please excuse my late reply - I had to put the project on ice for a few days and take care of other, more urgent ones.
Now I am back at it and was able to try the links (the last one doesn'T work for me, though:  "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.")
With some tweaking it works - I used gradient ramp for the colour range and have the slider way closer to "Element" than "Item".
I don't quite manage to achieve the looks of the reference, but I have now will do, I think.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 12:09:10 PM by ShaneMcG »