Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Error loading evermotion and Hq catalog library  (Read 2840 times)

EF1808

Error loading evermotion and Hq catalog library
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:13:43 AM »
Hello i purchased FPP Yesterday i am trying to install evermotion and hq catalog but i am getting the error for both. i have evermotion plants for vray only i edited the .ms file for vray only but after that i am getting this error pls see the attachment. it is happening with all evermotion versions.

HQ CATALOG ERROR :- Selected library doesn't contain hq palms library. i have attached all the library structure images please point me in the right direction and tell me what i am doing wrong.
It would be very helpful for all of FPP users if you put an image of proper library structure.

EF1808

Re: Error loading evermotion and Hq catalog library
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »
More ERRORS please help. Its urgent i have a project deadline.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 11:11:37 AM »
Hi,

When mapping the HQ Palms path (under the Select installation Path window), please double check you are selecting the corresponding folder where you've unpacked your HQ models - for HQ Palms it should be hq_palms_1 folder hosting all .max files (not the maps folder).

The same kind of behaviour maintains our Evermotion Catalog. Under the Select installation Path you should always select the "parent" folder (which contains Textures & VRay folders). The correct path would be in your case .../EVERMOTION/AM56.

Let me mention, that we're actually working on the Evermotion Catalog update (with support of additional libraries). We'll try to add some additional information about its folder structure to our reference page soon.

Best regards,

EF1808

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 11:50:52 AM »
Dear sir ,

Thanks for your swift reply. evermotion is loading all the plants properly but when i try to use them i get some error related with xref. As you mentioned the folders are properly arranged for ex. please check my HD flowers 3 folder. it also loads all the items but same x ref error. Please help

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »
Hi,

As a general rule, it's always very important when unpacking any libraries for "catalogue use", to leave its folder structure as it is (it should be unpacked with its full folder structure).

In case of HD Flowers 3, select the hd_flowers_3 folder as a library path and this should contain 3d-models-mentalray & 3d-models-vray to work properly (as on attached screenshots). Otherwise it'll not recognize corresponding path to scene file(s).

Best regards,

EF1808

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 12:53:18 PM »
Thank you. i understand what you said but for some packs i don't have the mental ray file because i don't use mental ray at all. I tried to edit .ms file.

-- Get renderer name for HQFlowers3
fn getHDFlower3Renderer = (
   local renderclass = (classof renderers.current);

if ((renderClass == VRay) or (renderClass == VRayRT)) then
      "vray"
   else
      "vray"
   )

Is this right ?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 01:58:47 PM »
Hi,

You're welcome. There is no need to modify the "getHDFlower3Renderer" function (automatically detecting used renderer) or any other in the .ms file. The important file in this case is the corresponding index.xml file by default located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Itoo Software\HQ Plants Catalog\lib\HDFlowers 3

It's defining the correct file for each HD Flowers 3 "item" under the <maxfile> tag as for "Agapantus A1 01" and so on:

<maxfile>$(HDFLOWERS3_PATH)\3d-models-$(HDFLOWERRENDERER)\Agapantus_01.max</maxfile>

It's using the HDFLOWERS3_PATH macro defined previously in the Select Installation Path window and the HDFLOWERRENDERER macro choosing the material version of the file (in this specific case folder 3d-models-vray / 3d-models-mentalray). If you've extracted your .max files into another - the "max" folder, the correct path than should look like:

<maxfile>$(HDFLOWERS3_PATH)\max\Agapantus_01.max</maxfile>

Attaching modified index.xml. Anyway, as commented before, by maintaining the original folder structure you'll avoid any need of manual changes.

Best regards,

EF1808

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 03:09:37 PM »
Thank you very much best support ever. Can just put an image of evermotion folder like you did for HD Flowers 3 Please

EF1808

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 03:25:42 PM »
I dont have evermotion packs in mentalray or scanline format i just have it in vray. how do i edit the index file ?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 04:04:54 PM »
Hi,

In the new Evermotion Catalog (that'll be published very soon), it'll be adapted for V-Ray render engine without need to extract any other folder.

In the actual version, feel free to edit the evermotiondef global variable defined in the evermotionplants.ms by default located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Itoo Software\Evermotion Catalog\lib as on attached screenshot (replace MentalRay / Mental_Ray with Vray).

Attaching folder structure for all supported Evermotion's Archmodels. Please ignore "source" folders (containing unpacked files) and PDF sample files that aren't included in their packages, but they are downloadable from their site under each volume (as "PDF SAMPLE").

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

EF1808

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »
Mr. Michal Karmazín thank you for the answer. I am really sorry for asking too many questions. I have created a video of what is exactly happening with my FPP please go through it and help me its jus 23mb file uploaded at wetransfer please click the download link below. I am really eager to download the new evermotion catalog any clue when it will be published. one week or two ?

http://we.tl/YbpAsC0jFE

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 04:09:09 PM »
Hi,

No worries at all. As I can see from your video, you don't have the V-Ray renderer "assigned as the Production renderer" and therefore the Automatic Selector is trying to place files from the "Scanline" folder which corresponds to your actual renderer. As you didn't extract that one you get those errors. To avoid this, you should choose the V-Ray renderer under Assign Renderer part of the 3ds Max Render Setup window or simply select that option under Library Browser - Materials Using VRay.

Regarding your HQ Plants 1 problems: In our packages there is no "max" folder and all .max files are stored directly under the "hq_plants_1" folder. The "correct installation checker" is looking for the .mat file which is located there, but later when placing any item it can't be located under the same path. I would suggest to copy all content from the "max" folder into the parent "PLANTS COLLECTION 1". That should fix it.

Best regards,

EF1808

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »
Mr. Karmazin thank you very much everything seems to working properly just one small error with hq plants. Evermotion works absolutely fine.
Please check the video

http://we.tl/1cyEsYObPa

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 11:20:13 AM »
Hi,

That's because your folder structure is most probably different from the "original one". As commented before: as a general rule, it's always very important when unpacking any libraries for "catalogue use", to leave its folder structure as it is (it should be unpacked with its full folder structure).

As I can see, Forest Pack is having troubles while importing selected item and looking for corresponding .mat file. Attaching screenshot of the correct folder structure. Hope that helps.

Best regards,