Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Features Request  (Read 857 times)

MH4288

Features Request
« on: March 29, 2023, 09:48:48 AM »
Hi,

maybe I am missing something but I always miss mostly this two features:

1) in the geometry rollout, it will be nice if there will be shown material ID on each object so you can easily identify, which material ID represent specific object.

2) when you present ForestSet, I really love to see something similar but for transforms. Somethink like TransformSet :-) What it can do is to change transforms of all object (or specify include/exclude e.g.) in some specific area, lets say closed spline or around some selected objects and so on. So you can easily change sizes of the objects and all the transformations and maybe some randomization applied only in this area. With maybe some falloff.

Now you can change distribution in specific area and change sizes with falloff but with very limited settings. And make another FP object just for that is not a best option I think.

What you think?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Features Request
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 02:04:15 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not 100% sure I understand the first one. An object scattered with Forest Pack may potentially use several materials IDs for texturing which don't affect the distribution. Perhaps you could elaborate a little.

Your second question could probably be done using Forest Effects. Using this we could control the transforms of an items that are just found inside a spline that's unrelated to the normal distribution. In the attached example, I've created an effect that allows you to override the ZRotation and Scale of items within the spline.

I will explain how to make an effect like this during the next live stream, but please feel free to let me know what you need and I can probably send you an updated version of the effect so you don't need to create it from scratch.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

ritoo

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 09:06:29 AM »
@Paul How could we transform geometry inside smaller square in in "tornado" fashion?

MH4288

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 10:21:59 AM »
Looking nice Paul. I will check this out.

2) I mean anything transform related. For instance have grass on large field. But in some areas I need some different settings, different distribution, different sizes, different falloff or distribution around object. And its not so good to use different FP object when the grass is there.

1) Yes, one object could has more IDs. But in FP object - geometry object has only one ID with multisub material where are these IDs for this object right? But I realize now that I use material slot in specific object in geometry list so it will show material only for this object right? Which I can modify, is that correct?

MH4288

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 10:16:23 AM »
One more thing for 1). It would be handy if we can select geometry in geometry list and select and isolate selected model with one click.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 09:39:36 AM by MH4288 »

MH4288

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2023, 09:40:34 AM »
And if I remember correctly, we can select all geometry objects in right menus. But I dont have this options anymore. Should I reinstall forest pack?