Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Floating? or rotating? grass patches  (Read 603 times)

raf

• Industria Motion Art
Floating? or rotating? grass patches
« on: November 06, 2023, 11:21:01 AM »
I have a rather huge scene. So I created rather big grass patches - about 2m in radius. A single image looks fine, but when I am rendering animations it seems, that the gras is kinda floating or rotating or more or less facing to the camera. I never had that before! First I thought it's because of VrayDisplacement. By turning it of, it didn't solve the problem. Anyone an idea, whats going on?
Attached a sample render file.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Floating? or rotating? grass patches
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 11:36:56 AM »
Hi,

Is it possible that you are using the Camera > Look-At feature? If that's the case, disabling it should solve the problem. Also, I want to mention that when rendering "walk-through" animations, it's best not to use the Camera > Distance Falloff feature to avoid any issues. As mentioned in our online reference guide: "Be careful if you use falloffs with camera motion, as items may suddenly appear or disappear due to changes in the camera distance when moving."

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

raf

• Industria Motion Art
Re: Floating? or rotating? grass patches
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 02:33:55 PM »
Oh, mon Dieu ! How could I have missed that? "Look at Camera" was activated in all my forest objects. Definitely a mistake. Thanks for the tip! I should have figured it out myself!  Thank you! The support is simply brilliant. Fast and correct!