Forest 3 is going really well, although there is a lot of work to do yet. I don't like to talk about the new features, because we are introducing changes every day, but i may advance some news:
- Forest and Planes combined in a unique plugin. Trees may be first generated using area splines, and afterwards edited manually.
- Multiple types of geometry in a single Forest object, including predefined templates (planes or others) and custom objects selected from the scene.
- Plants Libraries, each item defined by a name, geometry template, dimensions and material. The libraries are customizable by the user.
- Forest is now a free object, may be created in any position, not only in XY plane.
- Trees may be converted to instanced geometry. For example: select a VRay proxy as custom object, ceate a forest and instanciate all trees to proxies... ready for VRay rendering.
Perhaps we'll release a beta version for some of our customers, i don't know. If so, i will contact with you
Please, don't comment any of these features out of this forum. I don't like that our competitors know about our plans.