Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Edge Not Working  (Read 648 times)

tbrozovich

Forest Edge Not Working
« on: November 07, 2023, 02:42:23 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to use Forest Edge with a preset (not FP). I have double checked that the materials all have the Forest Edge going into the Opacity map. When checking edge boundary, nothing changes at all. Even swapping between Point and Size modes, nothing happens. I am rendering in Corona.

What are some other things I should check to try and get this working as expected?

Thank you!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Forest Edge Not Working
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 02:48:45 PM »
Hi,

It should work - maybe, it's just not "previewed in the viewport"? The Edge Boundary Checking has two viewport modes (by default, the Edge mode doesn't preview in viewports to maintain the best performance): "Edge Mode does not preview in viewports - To improve viewport performance edge trimming is calculated only at render time. This means the effects of this mode will not be previewed in the viewports. However, previews can be enabled by holding down the left CTRL key and clicking on the Edge radio button."

In case of any further troubles with it, if possible, please send us the problematic scene, and we will check it here. Thanks in advance.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,