Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest objects disappear when using Corona interactive rendering  (Read 2494 times)

NQ4889

Forest objects disappear when using Corona interactive rendering
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:41:51 AM »
When I initiate a Corona iteractive render either in a viewport or as a floating window, whenever I move a scene in my viewport all forest objects disappear.
Objects are rendered though in the interactive renderer.
When I stop the interactive render all objects appear again.

It makes no difference if i use meshes or proxy objects in display.

Ligting is a HDRI bitmap in the environment slot.
No other significant programs opened.
NVidia driver 353.82 on a K5000

I'm using the newest Corona render (1.3) and have tried both Forest pack pro 4.4.1 and the beta 5.0.2b.

Hope thee is a solution for this, would make it easier to fly just past large trees in my scene.

Best regards,

Harald

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Forest objects disappear when using Corona interactive rendering
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 10:13:27 AM »
I'm afraid this is a limitation because the way that interactive render works:

Forest generate their items for viewport and render in two different ways: For viewport, usually the number of items is lower (according to Display->Limits), it's necessary to create a viewport model (mesh or Point-cloud), etc.
Instead, in render mode Forest must generate all items, and the viewport model is not necessary.

But Corona interactive is a hybrid mode, not defined in the Max standards. It works requesting a "render" model to the scene, and then displaying it on the viewport.
Forest is not be able to work in both modes simultaneously, so while the render mode is active there is not a visible mode for the viewport.

Unfortunately there is not a simple way to fix this issue. We should modify critical sections in the Forest core, and that would cause undesirable side effects with other renderers or features.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

NQ4889

Re: Forest objects disappear when using Corona interactive rendering
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 10:29:05 AM »
Ok, too bad. But I can manage without.
Kudos for the faaast reply though!