Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest ok in viewport, not at render  (Read 1192 times)

Tom_1028

Forest ok in viewport, not at render
« on: October 23, 2023, 08:02:50 AM »
Hi,

I try to render a simple Forest Pack object: it looks fine in the viewport but when I render it nothing appears.
I checked all the settings in the Forest Pack object nothing looks wrong.
Even the Forest stats look correct: it says 240 items are in the viewport and 240 are being rendered but nothing is actually rendered.

Can you help?

Thanks a lot,

I use 3ds Max 2023.3.3 (25.0 - 25.3.3.6012) with Corona 10 HF1

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Forest ok in viewport, not at render
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 08:15:49 AM »
Hi,

It's quite difficult to say what might be happening in your scene based on the provided description. If possible, please feel free to send us your scene, ideally simplified and containing only the problematic object(s). Thank you in advance for any further details you can share with us or our user community in case other users encounter similar issues.

Best regards,

Tom_1028

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 08:22:59 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your message.
I am sending you the problematic scene.

Here is a screenshot showing what's happening: as you can see I try to scatter some plants on a wall. They appear correctly on the viewport but you can see that no plants is showing up in the render.

Furthermore the issue may be due to the collisions, so I deactivated them but the result is the same.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 10:17:24 AM »
Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for providing the scene. To fix it, you need to disable the Limit to visibility feature in the Camera roll-out. I would like to mention that since FP7, "To improve viewport performance, Camera features are disabled by default. You need to enable the "Enable on Viewport" checkbox."

Best regards,

Tom_1028

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 11:42:07 AM »
Great, thanks so much for quick answer  :)