Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest xref problem  (Read 644 times)

IsmaelD

Forest xref problem
« on: February 03, 2022, 09:08:47 AM »
Hi, I have an issue with xref forest object. Max 2020, corona 7 hf1, Forest P 7.1.2.

I´ve insert a forest object from presets library in a xref scene. In the original scene I can see and render it and everything is ok. In the scene with the xref inserted, I can see forest object in the viewport, but forest object from xref don´t appear in render (the other forest in scene, not from xref render normaly).

Is that a bug or it need to do something?

I´ve see some topics in the past but it seem resolved.

Thanks in advance

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Forest xref problem
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 09:48:47 AM »
Hi Ismael,

Is there any error/warning message (if so, a screenshot would be ideal)? I would suggest you check the Asset Tracking tool - for proper rendering, the status for XRef(s) should say OK / Found. Also, when facing this kind of problem, under the General - Forest Stats window you can check more details and it should give you a hint, where the problem is.

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share with us.

Best regards, 

IsmaelD

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 12:50:18 AM »
Hi Michal,
No error/warning appear. The object scattered is from presets of forest library, so it should have access to the path, mesh, texture... and everything is ok in viewport (same colors and point cloud). Anyway I will check asset tracking to see if everything is ok.

I´ve tryed also to insert the xref in a clean file and I have the same problem, visible in viewport but not in rendering.

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 12:47:32 PM »
Hi Ismael,

As it's really hard to say, what's happening exactly in your scene just from the provided description, if possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to check it here.

Best regards,

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 05:29:25 PM »
Hi Ismael
Check if the FP Object is not placed in some hidden/non-renderable Layer.
Also, try to switch to Custom Editor mode.

damien11235

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 09:52:08 PM »
This behaviour occurs for me too, especially if the same xref object is in both the camera file, i.e. the file where you are rendering from and the xref scene file. For some reason, FPP renders only one of the forest objects,
The only work around i got was to merge the xref object into the xref scene file, or in thr main file.