Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How can I modify grass materials in a persistent way?  (Read 575 times)

MATRADI

How can I modify grass materials in a persistent way?
« on: November 14, 2023, 01:43:06 PM »
I'm in general satisfied with Forest, but sometimes I'm not totally satisfied with the color of the grass. So that I place a grass surface in my scene, then I go to materials and adjust some parameters until I like it.

The problem is that, in my next project, I have again to repeat the process and modify the material. It's a little annoying.

I'd like to change these materials in a persistent way. I suppose I will have to open the 3D model (in the Library) where the original plant is located, then modify materials (I'll do a copy first, in case something goes wrong).

I remember I tried this some time ago, but when I opened the model, I couldn't see the plant with VRay materials, but default 3DSMAX materials, so that I couldn't change them. How can I access the model with VRay materials? (as I can see it when placed in the scene).

Can you help me? Thanks.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: How can I modify grass materials in a persistent way?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 02:12:54 PM »
Hi,

Depending on the rendering engine used, you can find the corresponding material library in the following folder:

C:\Users\<yourUsername>\AppData\Local\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro\matlib

In the case of "newer" presets (such as Layered Lawns), they are located directly at:

C:\Users\<yourUsername>\AppData\Local\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro\lib\Presets\Layered_Lawns\matlibs

Just a reminder, instead of directly modifying these material libraries, please make a copy and edit that one. Otherwise, all changes may be overwritten by library updates.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,