Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Library browser Crash after creating library - bug?  (Read 582 times)

Tehamnes

Library browser Crash after creating library - bug?
« on: January 27, 2022, 06:51:03 PM »
When I create a new custom library it will crash 3dsmax on creating the 2nd object if I don't update the browser first (F5 or close/open).

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Library browser Crash after creating library - bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 09:34:50 AM »
Thanks for reporting this. I'm finding it difficult to reproduce the issue here. Could you share a little more information about how you are adding the objects to the library (we have several ways) with a step-by-step breakdown of how we can reproduce the crash.

Thanks for helping, hopefully we can quickly sort out the issue.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Tehamnes

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 12:25:12 PM »
So I right click on the user library folder and create library. Then right click (in the right window) and "import objects from scene". This normally goes well for the first import. But often on the 2nd object  it crashes 3dsmax (...error and cannot continue). Now I have found that if I hit F5 to update the library browser right after creating the library -the crash will not happen. Maybe this is a problem only on my software/hardware combo?
I have another odd problem in the library browser. The mouse freezes/hangs on the f.ex. "import objects from scene". My workaround is to hit ctrl+alt+del to get out of the freeze.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 02:07:59 PM »
Thanks for the extra detail. I can't seem to reproduce it here unfortunately. Once Max has crashed would you be able to send a minidump file to helpdesk@itoosoft.com? It can help us to diagnose the cause of the crash.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Tehamnes

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 01:45:57 PM »
Yeah, now that I try to force the error, it is of course not happening. I'll remember to send you the error report file when I "succeed".