Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Missing DLL  (Read 1339 times)

Xaitam

• Newbie in Archviz
Missing DLL
« on: July 18, 2021, 11:27:19 PM »
When I pick a 3D model in the library from the Geometry tab, I get this prompt of missing dll.
The "vrayvectordispl2012.dlt, Class: VRayNormalMap, SuperClass: 0xC10".
DLL Description: "mental ray: Material Custom Attributes (Autodesk)".

Is this something that causes problems for using the models at all, or is it just some faulty information I can ignore? What should I do?
The problem arises by my experience only with the models in the 3D folder. For example the Norwegian Spruce 1, or Holm Oak 1.
Adding screenshot for reference.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Missing DLL
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 10:06:19 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. This would appear to be related to legacy assets left by the removal of Mental Ray from 3DS Max in version 2018. Older assets still include these dependencies, even if they are not using Mental Ray materials. In this case, it would appear from your screenshot that there's a mental ray custom attribute on the V-Ray Normal Map. In the most recent versions of Max, the Scene Converter tool should suppress these warnings. We'll take a look and see if these can be stripped out to avoid the message. In the meantime, you should be able to safely ignore them.

I hope that helps
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Xaitam

• Newbie in Archviz
Re: Missing DLL
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 11:35:10 AM »
Oh I see. Well if it's nothing more than a error without consequences I can continue with ease :) Thanks for the feedback.