Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Path distribution setting one object to appear at the beggining of spline  (Read 755 times)

nmoser

I’m working with a Forest Pack object where items are distributed along a path.
Is there a way to ensure that a specific object appears always at the start of each spline, another at the end of the spline and maintaining random in the middle.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi Nuno,

That's a task for the RailClone plug-in, which is much more suitable for something like that. You can easily wire these models into the Start, Default / Evenly, and End Inputs of the Linear 1S Generator.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

nmoser

Even if the object I'm working is vegetation?
What I'm trying to accomplish here is scattering hedges along splines, but there is a specific object that needs to be used at the beguiling otherwise will look wrong
I tried to find something on the effects but unfortunately It's too advanced for my knowledge.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
First, let me apologize for the late reply. Of course, the RailClone plug-in can handle the vegetation easily and it can also deform it if needed. If you prefer using the Forest Pack plug-in, as you've pointed out, the Effects feature can be used to assign the corresponding item (.geomID) based on the position on the path (.distPathPos). Please find attached a sample scene (distPathPosSampleScene.max) demonstrating this possible approach. Alternatively, you can switch to the Custom Edit mode and select the first and last item manually. I hope that helps.

Best regards,