Our plug-in can be widely used for rendering purposes on render farms as network rendering nodes don't use any type of license
. This is required only to edit or render scenes on interactive Max sessions. Feel free to install our software in "Render slave node
" (also the Network
license mode will work in a similar way) to as many as render nodes needed. With license assigned (workstation) - you can work in "interactive" mode (create, edit, render
) x without license (render slave) - you can work in "non-interactive" mode (rendering assigned by service - backburner, distributed rendering
or batch rendering
- this service needs to be launched on computer with license
1) For working in the "interactive" mode (create, edit, render), the license needs to be assigned to that computer.
2) As explained above it depends if the 3ds Max is closed / scene is closed. Feel free to use the "Stand-alone" mode workaround to exclude some workstations from getting the license when needed.
3) DR is supported. I would suggest you to follow our Distributed Rendering issues
post to identify where the problem could be in your case.
4) As explained above network rendering is supported on as many as render nodes wanted. If you don't want to take care about any network rendering settings, the batch rendering could be also a good option for you - just prepare the batch file
and render it in "non-interactive" mode.
Hope that helps.