Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Qt UI  (Read 297 times)

RealViz

Qt UI
« on: January 26, 2024, 07:04:29 AM »
Hi, is FP written in Qt UI which is significantly faster than the original 3dsmax UI? I know that V-ray switched to Qt sometime in 2021 and that makes its entire UI significantly faster. If you already have it, you can completely ignore the question :-)

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Qt UI
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 08:06:24 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I can confirm that both of our plugins use Qt. The current Forest Pack 8 uses Qt 5, and in the upcoming Forest Pack 9, we will be using Qt 5.15.

Best regards,

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 08:29:34 AM »
Hi,

I must add a correction to the Michal's reply: our plugins use Qt, but only for specific dialogs, as the Library Browser, Effect's Editor, RailClone Style editor, etc.

But the Max rollups don't use Qt. This is because compatibility with old Max versions.
Qt is included in Max 2019 and above, but we support older Max versions yet. Once we set Max 2019 as the minimum version supported, we would migrate the UI to Qt.
There is not a date for this, since it will depend of the number of customers who continue using our plugins with these Max versions.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

RealViz

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 09:34:38 AM »
Thanks, I had a feeling it wasn't the Qt design. Well I look forward to the time when you leave the old 3dsmax. But I understand you want to support the older 3dsmax as well. Thx