Hi, I finally decided to revise the functions in FP. I found a couple that would be worth considering.
1) In the Custom Edit mode, the selected object is not visible in red when the proxy is displayed. Only in PointCloud. I believe that used to work before.
Confirmed. We didn't know this problem.
It works in older Max versions, but not in the recent ones. Probably it's caused by some Nitrous change... we'll check it.
2) Is there any significance to the "Use DirectX acceleration" item in Display? It doesn't seem to do anything :-)
No. It has no sense with recent Max versions.
In fact, it's disabled internally in FP8, but i just noticed we forgot to remove the control from the panel. For next update...
3) Is there an option to quickly turn off all FPs? For preview renders on the local machine when we are tuning the light? There is no such item for FP Lister. I have to select all FPs and put disable.
No. There is not a specific option for that.
The procedure you pointed out is the quickest way: Open Lister->click 'Select All' button->click the light bulb icon, in any of the FP entries.
4) Transform->Rotation. I'm defaulting chasing -5 +5 in X and Y quite a lot and the trees are falling. Couldn't it be reduced to about -2 +2? We have to change it every time, but I understand it's down to personal preference. So it can be completely ignored.
Please, try this:
- Reset Max.
- Create an empty FP object (icon mode).
- Set your preferred settings in Transform (or any other parameter).
- Open the 'General' rollout.
- write 'default' in the Preset combo, and click the Save button.
Next time you create a FP object (even after resetting Max), it will be take the parameters of the 'default' preset.
Of course you can create your own presets, to load them manually.
5) I thought of some "Expert mode" that would remove all images from the panel (E.g. for diversity, collisions, etc.). It would lighten the whole panel. Plus, for example, the icon in Geometry next to Disable and Template is almost useless. Just take it as a suggestion to think about.
Have you tried with the 'arrow' icons, which are available in each group ? (see attached screenshot) They let you to collapse entire sections.
Also you can hide rollups completely, from General->Settings.
Anyway, we'll revise what images could be removed, to gain some space.
6) Thank you for FP and its continuous improvement. I've really enjoyed new implementation of ForestSets and the quick BrushSize setup recently!
Thank your for the feedback ! I'm glad you enjoy the new features.