Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Scattering objects with another Forest linked to it  (Read 1122 times)

frodo

Scattering objects with another Forest linked to it
« on: October 24, 2023, 11:52:23 AM »
Hello,
I have no luck to scatter rocks with scattered moss on top of it. To explain it futher.

1) Rock - > scattered Moss with Forest - linked together, pivot on same position

2) Forest with Rock as geometry node with keep hierarchy on

I can see the Moss on top of the Rock when displayed as point cloud but its not rendering.
When I test it on simple assets its rendering sometimes but I cant see the where is the problem.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 11:58:20 AM by frodo »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Scattering objects with another Forest linked to it
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 11:58:22 AM »
Hi,

Although Forest objects can be nested, instancing is applied only at the "top level". Any "inner objects" are converted to meshes. In the case of having an "inner object" with many polygons, the Display > Max faces limit (5 million faces by default) might be reached. Raising such a limit should fix it. Let me mention that depending on the render engine (and its release), the Render Mode for the used "nested object(s)" might have to be changed from Automatic to Meshes under the Display roll-out.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

frodo

Re: Scattering objects with another Forest linked to it
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 01:16:17 PM »
I use Vray sorry to not mention that. Ok I got it its because Max Faces limit. What could really help solving this is the possibility to bake Forest directly into VRay proxy, thats not possible right? Because baking Forest in to instances and then exporting them to proxy is impossible to do.