I assume that this is an issue more to do with 3rd party providers of accurately scaled models more than anything with the plugin then?
That's it. Forest just uses the model as it. In any case, you can scale the model in several ways:
1) Locally to the item selected in the Geometry List:
- Turn off "Use Object Dimensions", and adjust the size using "Width/Height" parameters.
2) Globally to all Forest objects in the scene:
- Once imported, unide and unlock the layer "forest_templates" where the models are stored.
- With a Forest object selected, use right click->Select Forest Custom Object.
- The 3D model is selected, scale it as desired.
- Select the Forest object again, click Display->Update All.
- Lock and hide the templates layer.
3) Persistent for all scenes:
- Creating a custom library
and a copy of the item.
- Scale the model in the source Max scene.
- Use the new item in your scenes.
I hope that helps.