Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Unity Support  (Read 805 times)

ArneSnackaert

Unity Support
« on: March 05, 2024, 10:31:02 AM »
Hi,
I downloaded ForestToUnityScript101. I get some errors when importing it in Unity 2022.3.13.
errors: IndexOutOfRange on the ParseMatrix function in the forestPackImporter script.
I'm currently trying to fix the script myself but it goes slowly.

Is there support planned for future versions of Unity? And how should I continue? Should I export the forest manually from 3ds max for now?

Kind regards,
Dries

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Unity Support
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 10:46:21 AM »
Hi Dries,

Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not have plans to further enhance the exporter to Unity. The Unity programmer who was responsible for this aspect is no longer part of Itoo, and the evolving nature of Unity versions necessitates ongoing updates that we are unable to provide at this time.

However, you can still utilize Forest Tools to convert to instances and proceed with exporting by using the options within 3ds Max. We appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

ArneSnackaert

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 11:00:24 AM »
Hi Michal,

Thank you for the quick response.

I understand the situation.
I'll try and see if maybe I can fix the script for this version and then I'll share it here. (but I don't know how you guys export it from 3ds max so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do it).

A suggestion: maybe you should remove the Unity exporter from the documentation or add a explicit warning that there will not be any updates after unity 2019. Since the main reason I bought this asset was for the unity export and there will probably be more people in the future with the same idea.

Kind regards,
Dries
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 11:09:37 AM by ArneSnackaert »

Morne

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 05:12:30 PM »
Hi Dries

Back when I was testing this few years back, I had some success by importing the script to an earlier version of Unity, then updating the Unity project to a newer version, at which point Unity automatically updates all existing scripts to suit the newer APIs

My findings were posted here (however Itoo has since archived the post)
https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-beta/unity-importer-various-version-tests-fail-and-success/

If you think it's useful, then ask Itoo to take the post out of archive and give you access to it
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 05:19:45 PM by Morne »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 08:49:43 AM »
Thanks Morne. I just moved that post to the Forest Pro board.
It was archived because we usually clean posts of the beta forum, when a new beta starts.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Morne

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 08:56:45 AM »
Thanks Morne. I just moved that post to the Forest Pro board.
It was archived because we usually clean posts of the beta forum, when a new beta starts.

Thanks Carlos