Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Using Forest Set to exclude objects placed manually?  (Read 835 times)

Jens-a

Using Forest Set to exclude objects placed manually?
« on: January 02, 2023, 01:39:54 PM »
Hello, I'm trying to do some stepping stones in a garden. I thought I could use the new Forest Set and add all these stepping stones to the list and then exclude that single Forest set (as an object area) in the Areas tab. But this doesn't work (nothing happens). If I add the stones as an exclude object it works fine (but I have to create an exclude object for each stone (attaching them all isn't an option).

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Using Forest Set to exclude objects placed manually?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 02:25:12 PM »
Hi,

At the moment, you can set it up in the mentioned way just in case of the Spline Area(s) – all splines from the ForestSet object will be considered. The Object Area(s) mode is calculated differently and the ForestSet usage isn’t currently supported. We’ll see what can be done.

Best regards,

Jens-a

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 02:39:19 PM »
Hi,

At the moment, you can set it up in the mentioned way just in case of the Spline Area(s) – all splines from the ForestSet object will be considered. The Object Area(s) mode is calculated differently and the ForestSet usage isn’t currently supported. We’ll see what can be done.

Best regards,

Thank you for the quick reply Michael, hope it will be supported in the future.

Terri Brown

• Terri Brown 3D
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 12:04:58 PM »
Hi Michael,

Does the workflow you describe above (applying the splines to a Forest Set object, and selecting that Forest Set as an exclude linked area) apply in the viewport? Because I am seeing no change in my scene.

Thanks

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 02:34:48 PM »
Hi Terri,

The Forest Set object should be added "directly" as a Spline Area (in the Exclude mode) - not as the Linked Area.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Terri Brown

• Terri Brown 3D
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 08:46:16 PM »
ahhh. thanks