Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: using other forest Object for exclude function  (Read 285 times)

Robin Arnecke

using other forest Object for exclude function
« on: January 30, 2024, 08:36:58 PM »
Hi,

i tried to use another forest object ( scattered houses with forest object which is in custom edit mode ) for excluding areas in another forest object ( trees ).
This doesn?t seem to work for me, only when the house forest object is in generate mode. Is this a known issue ?
As a workaround I then converted the housing forest object to edit poly, while having render > proxy > Box enabled....so i got an editable poly object with simple boxes as a proxy for the houses.
This editable object i used in Areas > Object as an exclude obect....but still the trees aren`t excluded at these areas.
I then just used a simple box for exclude which worked fine, but as soon as i tried to attach other objects to it, everything seems to mess up and there was a strange offset in the position of the excluding areas.....very strange.

Is this a known bug or am i doing something wrong ?

There is another question i have about using Forest objects for the usage in VrayDistance texture.
As forest objects can`t be choosen, is there any workaround for it.
I have a VrayBlendMaterial and the base is grass....in areas where i have trees / the stump touches the ground i`d like to have a coat material around( i.e. brown grass or soil ) ...for the mask i`d like to use the DistanceTex if possible.
Any idea how to achieve this without having to convert the scattered trees to polys ?

Thanks for help

Robin

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: using other forest Object for exclude function
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 08:36:13 AM »
Hi Robin,

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing these troubles. This problem has already been reported a few days ago - it's linked to the usage of Custom Edit mode and it works fine until Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2. Although we usually recommend using the latest version, please feel free to install and use the mentioned previous version until the issue is resolved. You can download the installer from the User Panel under Downloads - Previous Versions. It will be fixed in the next update, which is currently in the stage of internal beta testing. Although we do not have a set release date yet, the first public beta version should be published soon.

On behalf of the whole team, I'd like to express our sincere apologies and we are more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you have.

Best regards,

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: using other forest Object for exclude function
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 01:01:32 PM »
We know this may be a critical bug for your work.
To provide a solution before the Forest 9 beta, we just released a small update with the fix:

https://forum.itoosoft.com/announcements/forest-pack-litepro-8-2-6/
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software