Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Decorative tile pattern  (Read 1021 times)

anthonyhartleydenton

Decorative tile pattern
« on: February 08, 2024, 02:58:54 PM »
Hi All

new to the forum and was wondering if anyone might be able to help.  I am using Railclone preset.  the pattern and colour are perfect but I need to get the half-moon feature tiles to run in a 3, not a 2 and only in the location on the drawing. 

Could anyone point me in the direction of the parameters I should be looking at?

thanks, Tony

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Decorative tile pattern
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 03:19:00 PM »
Hi Tony,

The easiest way would probably be to use two Clipping Areas (to use these "decorative tiles" just at the specified location) - either within two individual RC objects or within two Generators within one RC object. You can adjust the number of "decorative tiles" by setting the "Decorative Tile Y Count" parameter. I hope that helps.

Best regards,

anthonyhartleydenton

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 04:40:12 PM »
is there not a way to do it by modifying the settings of the template already in the library?  I have it applied to all the buildings already so it would be easier. creating separate clipping areas across multiple facades and 14 buildings will be time-consuming.  thanks T

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 08:37:03 AM »
Well, if "decorative tiles" should always be placed at the same height, you can try raising the "Standard Tile Y Count" value (which drives the counter in the Sequence Operator) until it fits your needs.

Best regards,

anthonyhartleydenton

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 05:53:17 PM »
Hi Michal thanks for the help.  so I've got the following and two queries if you might be able to help.

1. how to i get 3 rows of tiles?
2. how do i shunt the 3 rows downward to align where shown.  If tried changing the y count up when the numbers gets too small more decorative tiles keep appearing top and bottom.

thanks again  T

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 09:21:22 AM »
You can adapt the style a bit to support two different Standard Tile Y Count values by connecting the corresponding Random Operator to the Sequence Operator (and optionally exporting the Counter parameter to the UI) as shown in the attached screenshot. I hope that helps.

Best regards,

anthonyhartleydenton

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 04:53:35 PM »
hey thanks for that

also how to i pipe in the second Y count?

how do i export to the UI?

anthonyhartleydenton

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 01:55:29 PM »
Hi All another question relating to hanging tiles.

My decorative hanging tiles stop a full tile short of the end.  How would I make them run to the corner, please?

thanks in advance  T