Thanks for the kind words and questions, we're glad you're enjoying using our plugins.
1.Is there a way to specifically place the bridge supports in a specific position?(could be where vertices are, if that possible?)
Yes, you can attach all the segments for the supports into the Corner element instead of Evenly. In this way you can place individual supports simply by adding a vertex. You can select the type of vertex used to place a support from the Generator's Properties > Rules > Corner settings.
2. Is there a way of creating a end/start of the bridge with a solid support underneath?
Probably the easiest way to do this is to create the solid support as a single segment and then add it to the Start
inputs of a new generator. You can see here I’m using the same techniques as the Bridge Tutorial
to set the height of the segment based on the position of the spline.
Alternatively you could use material IDs to assign different generators to splines at the start and end of the bridge. You can see a procedure for this technique in our documentation here
3. The bridge supports that stretch (mid model) are a concrete material how do you stop the uvs stretching?
Unfortunately the automatic box mapping
tools work before scaling on the Z axis takes place, however if you're a V-Ray user, this can be solved with the new RailClone 2.4 beta. This release includes a UVW operator that we can use to adjust the tiling of your uvs. To do this:
- Add a new UVW Xform operator and connect the support Segment
- Right Click on the UVW Export operator and export V Fixed Tile
- Attach an Arithmetic operator and set the mode to Divide
- In Slot 1 attach the Numeric/Arithmetic node that generates the new height for the segment
- In Slot 2 attach the original height for the segment, this could be a constant or you can export the height from the segment by right clicking and selecting Export Parameters > Size > Z.
4. I have made a few bridge variations in my library, and i noticed when i bring them into a new scene the material are xrefed is there a way to avoid this?
We're looking into this as it may be a bug.
Please find below a link to a file to illustrate a few of these techniques. I hope that helps, please let me know if you further questions. Bridge File