Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: align objects with straight justification on both spline ends  (Read 545 times)

Caypiranha

align objects with straight justification on both spline ends
« on: August 23, 2022, 05:39:49 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if that is possible - and I don't spend long explanations and may better post a Screenshot here.
Of course, the spaces between the Seat may vary, but that is better than irregular endings along the walk path of these seat rows.

thanks in advance for any hints!

Dragan

Re: align objects with straight justification on both spline ends
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 08:43:33 PM »
Hi,
It is difficult to tell just from the image.
I see you are using L1S but I can't see the Base spline.
You can also use A2S Generator.
Here is a quick example of how to achieve some row distribution using a few parameters and RC Markers to place empty Passage.

note:
The Macro connected to the Marker side is just my Custom Macro I commonly use in my workflow and it is used to override the parameter from general rollout and it is working on Generator named "Master". (please check UserData0/"Passage Space" for each Marker).
You can also increase Curve Steps in the Style>Geometry rollout to get better "resolution" for distribution.
Default Role is set to Adaptive so you can expect some slight change in X size of the seats.
Best Regards

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 09:11:46 PM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 09:03:42 PM »
...and if you turn this existing generator into a Macro you can get multiple levels just by copying macros and adjusting parameters (Y/Z offset to move rows from the BaseSpline)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 09:08:10 PM by Dragan »

Caypiranha

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 09:18:23 PM »
Hi Dragan,

first many thanks for your great feedback! Indeed, I forgot to bring the splines I took in the Screenshot as well for giving a better overview what had happen..
I see you took a totally different approach and I am going to see if I can adapt this to my situation. Since I am really new to railclone from now, it should give me something to learn from either.

Maybe some curiosity still exists- I also attached the scene with the given parts here.

(I just mention, that I am pretty new at using Railclone)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 09:20:52 PM by Caypiranha »

Caypiranha

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 09:23:42 PM »
...and if you turn this existing generator into a Macro you can get multiple levels just by copying macros and adjusting parameters (Y/Z offset to move rows from the BaseSpline)

Here I have to learn how I can create Macros. But I hope to find enough tutorials about things like that. Any Hints are welcome! For now, I would go just simply over Itoos Webpage and YT´s Stuff.

Dragan

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 09:33:22 PM »
Hi
Can't open the file due to the Max`s version but I can see from your img. now.

I think just setting Rule>Default>Adaptive will solve it.
This mode will slightly adopt the X size of the chairs but it will fit the chairs to the Spline size.

Caypiranha

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 09:56:02 PM »
oh right, I just saw your on 2020... but yes anyways: "Adaptive" is the Magic here wich you thought right. Works for me here now absolutely perfect and is actually all I need.
I can get my Job stuff done now and later I will see, why your setup is obliviously lots more complex. But I think with one eye on the macro, maybe there are more possibilities/flexibilities?
I did quite some work on the splines to make the rows place well and to keep the walking lines from top to bottom parallel. With your setup, I think there might be a way to archive some more automatism here...

Many thanks Dragan!   8)

Dragan

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 10:01:28 PM »
Glad to help.
I managed to open the file.
As I can see you have negative padding to overlap the Seat Sides. This will cause you double faces during rendering and create artifacts.

You can detach original segments and use Compose Operator to "group" those segments and finally add one more Side segment at the End input.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 10:03:13 PM by Dragan »

Caypiranha

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2022, 11:10:56 AM »

As I can see you have negative padding to overlap the Seat Sides. This will cause you double faces during rendering and create artefacts.

Interesting thing then: if not changed this parameter by myself accidentally, this one has been just taken from the Itoo´s Presetlibary... =)
I will have a closer look a bit later where I will find this padding and some things else.