Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RailClone Rug with random knot sizes.  (Read 3327 times)

IJ2087

RailClone Rug with random knot sizes.
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:24:41 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to create area rug using RailClone and am having trouble trying to randomize the 'knots' that make up the rug.

I created two segments for the knot which consist of a full knot, and an end knot and used a linear 1S to create a 'row' of knots with randomization for the X, Y, and Z size. I then am nesting that in another RailClone that is creating the rug itself using a spline for width on an Array 2S. The segment in that Railclone is alternating between a normal segment, and a mirrored segment to provide the pattern.

I am unable to get unique randomization for each of these repeats, since it is referencing the previous RailClone. Is there a way to achieve this?

The rug needs to have full knot geometry, therefore I am avoiding clipping splines on an Array 2S.

The file provided is just a test file and is not to scale! ;-)

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: RailClone Rug with random knot sizes.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 06:01:49 PM »
Hi,

The Deform > Nest option should do the trick (if a Railclone object is used as a segment within another, this feature allows parameters to be randomised each time the item is used. In most situations an A2S generator will achieve equivalent results without the need to nest multiple RailClone objects). Attaching screen-shot. BTW, is there any special to use the "nested style" - it should be archived within one Array 2S Generator - you can alternate rows for example by the Sequence Operator in the Increment at Y mode.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,