Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Brick wall - Brick rotation from waves  (Read 578 times)

NHimages

Brick wall - Brick rotation from waves
« on: March 01, 2023, 05:28:14 PM »
Hi,

We would like to reproduce this brick effect with Railclone (or maybe forest ?) in copy.

It's a straight brick wall, but each brick as a rotation angle from it's corner to give this wave effet.
I tought I should use an array with 2 spline, and write a script that tell's to the RC "use this spline to change to angle with an ease in and ease out effect from the distance to the spline (spline wich controls 1 wave for example)

What are your suggestions ?

Thanks for your help.

Hervé

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Brick wall - Brick rotation from waves
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 11:08:43 AM »
Hello Hervé

Thanks for the question. At present I don't think you could do this with RailClone. It doesn't have the ability to read spline positions except for setting the paths for generators. You could probably get close in Forest Pack though, using maps to control the rotation. I've attached a sample file in case it's of help.

All the best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

NHimages

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 11:28:23 AM »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply and your file, I think we will use this method for the moment, it will be ok for now.

Hervé

NHimages

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 04:51:42 PM »
Paul,

Maybe a last question for you, do you know if we could cut the last brick (wich is outside the cliping spline) like the screen attached ?
I tried adding a ForestEdge map in the opacity slot, with the Edge mode activated, but doesn't work. I also tried to add a box (non-rendered) as exclude object to this forest, but also this doesn't work.

Thanks a lot !

Hervé

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 04:59:23 PM »
How about a render-time boolean using Distance Textures - Similar to this post https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro-(*)/how-to-check-if-segment-was-clipped/msg12599/#msg12599[url]
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 05:07:54 PM »
Or alternatively, you could try using V-Ray Clippers.

Best,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

NHimages

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 09:37:48 AM »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.
I used the first solution with a CoronaDistance Map wich worked fine. I added with RC a vertical group of brick at 90 degrees to make the end of the brick wall, and that's good.

Hervé