Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: brick wall with running bonds  (Read 472 times)

Pierre

• Studiosezz
brick wall with running bonds
« on: January 06, 2023, 01:39:10 PM »
Hello,
I have to reproduce the pattern of this brick wall and I need a bit of help ...
How would you proceed for the borders of the windows and the angles in particular?
How many railclone would you create ?
Thank you in advance for your invaluable help!
Regards
Pierre
Studiosezz PARIS
www.studiosezz.com

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: brick wall with running bonds
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 06:29:33 PM »
Hello Pierre,

Thanks for the question - that's a deceptively complicated challenge. I have a solution, but so far it's not very elegant.

The issue is that the walls start and terminate in several different ways and I've yet to find a way to automate it. The image above uses lots of different RailClone objects to build up the wall in pieces. If there are multiple walls it'd likely be possible to combine splines together so the number of RC items might not keep increasing.

All the parts are based on a master style which has several different options depending on what's needed. For example the window reveals need a different end brick pattern from the edges. In the attached style you have the following parameters:

Swap Courses - changes the alternating courses. Useful for stacking up RC objects
Y Size - Self explanatory, the height of the wall
Start Type/ End Type - The brick pattern at the start and end of the array. There are 4 choices plus the ability to disable it completely.
Brick Type - Change the brick pattern for either the wall, the sill or the lintel. If using either of the last 2 you should disable start and end type.

I hope the attached file helps a little. I know it's not a very streamlined process at the moment, so if I find a more elegant solution I'll update the post.

Best wishes.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Pierre

• Studiosezz
Re: brick wall with running bonds
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 10:20:23 AM »
Hi Paul
thank you very much , it's incredible !
I suspected that the solution was complex but not to this point! I will dissect your method to try to understand how you did it.
For my part, I tried with clipping areas but this is obviously not the right method.
Once again thank you
Pierre
Studiosezz PARIS
www.studiosezz.com