Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Clipping Area with holes sometimes not working.  (Read 1418 times)

DT

Clipping Area with holes sometimes not working.
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:15:48 PM »
As the title suggests. I have a facade with clipping area, I have the exact same spline twice in the same spline shape but the second one isn't able to cut the holes out properly. See attached scene for problematic behaviour. I have this a lot but it's a hit and miss. The splines are always drawn perfectly flat. Only solution is to detach and clone the RC and use detached spline, but that's a shame, I like to keep my scenes light.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Clipping Area with holes sometimes not working.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 11:35:23 AM »
Hi,

This can often be the case when RailClone struggles to understand which spline belong to which facade. Fortunately it's easily solved. First you must group together the splines that you wish to generate a single plane (with holes) by assigning them the same materials ID. In your example I would give one side a materials ID of 1 and the other side and ID of 2. Next, go to the Generator's settings and change Clipping Area > Hierarchy Checking to By Mat.ID

RailClone will now use the ID assignments to better understand which splines belong together.

I hope that helps,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

DT

Re: Clipping Area with holes sometimes not working.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 01:11:08 PM »
Hi,

This can often be the case when RailClone struggles to understand which spline belong to which facade. Fortunately it's easily solved. First you must group together the splines that you wish to generate a single plane (with holes) by assigning them the same materials ID. In your example I would give one side a materials ID of 1 and the other side and ID of 2. Next, go to the Generator's settings and change Clipping Area > Hierarchy Checking to By Mat.ID

RailClone will now use the ID assignments to better understand which splines belong together.

I hope that helps,
Paul

Great, Thank you Paul, learning new things about RC every day even though I've been working with it for so long haha. Can't believe I missed this.