Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Compatible Versions ?  (Read 242 times)

Ricousto

Compatible Versions ?
« on: April 05, 2024, 05:39:35 PM »
Hi,

Many models are taken from 3ds max 2018 (20000) in the Railclcone library.
It's indicated that Railclone is compatible with 3ds Max 2013 - 2024 (official support from 2019).
I understand that it is an official support from 2019 but for all that, the models come from 3ds max 2018.

So my question is relatively simple, why aren't the models in the library compatible with the same versions of 3ds max for Railclone (i.e. max 2013-2024) ?

Thanks

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Compatible Versions ?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 10:00:19 AM »
Hi,

Due to the Autodesk licensing policy for third-party developers, we have licenses only for the latest 3DS Max release, and five versions before.
At this moment, that includes Max 2020 to 2025 (our license of Max 2019 just expired... we must update our documentation).

We can provide compatibility with old Max versions (as 2013), just compiling the plugins with the appropiate Max SDK.
Although we cannot test them or provide support, at least the plugin is available for customers who need it.

But libraries is a different issue. Since they are saved using Max files, we have not way to create them for old versions.
Some RC libraries were created years ago, and are compatible yet. But latest libraries (and the revamped ones) load only with recent Max versions.

We are working to create a custom portable format, and migrate all libraries. That will solve this limitation completely. But it will take some time yet.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Ricousto

Re: Compatible Versions ?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 11:19:34 AM »
Thanks a lot !
I totally understand but yeah, it would be a great point to find a "universal" way to share all librairies regardless of the version used

Cheers