Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Compose node can't make it work  (Read 583 times)

Fco3d

Compose node can't make it work
« on: May 26, 2023, 12:06:36 AM »
Hi everyone. I am trying to build a Kallwall system, but I can't figure out how to make the two horizontal mullions.
I have created the glass panel, one small vertical mullion, a thicker vertical column, and one horizontal mullion that should repeat at 2' height and then at 4' height.

So I have the glass set up in one generator, then added the small vertical mullion with the evenly distance method, then inside the same railclone system, I added another linear generator to control the horizontal mullions. I am using the same geometry, but created two Segment nodes. The issue is when I use the Compose node to have two copies of the same horizontal mullion, one lock at the bottom the second one I can move up to 4' with a transform node, but if I try to move the first mullion with a different transform node to the 2' it doesn't move, and the top mullion moves down.

I have this problem always when I try to use the same geometry but place it at a different high. What is the correct way to do this, instead or creating a new geometry in 3D Max but with the pivot pot at a different right ( this it been my workaround).
I am attaching an image to explain better, hopefully. Thank you for your help.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Compose node can't make it work
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 09:39:47 AM »
The reason you're getting that result is because RailClone by default aligns the segment to the bottom of its bounding box. Moving the bottom geometry up before the Compose node won't work because it will still align it to the bottom of the geometry output by the node.

One solution would be to just use the transform node for segment B to add the required gap between the transoms. Next add a Transform node after the compose operator and move both transoms up together on the Z axis.

Alternatively you could use an A2S array, and wire the rails to the Y Evenly input.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Fco3d

Re: Compose node can't make it work
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 04:40:25 PM »
Thank you for the help. I added the transform after the composite node, which fixed the issue.

I tried to rebuild it with the A2s Array, but I always have problems with that one to create vertical arrays. I can't wrap my head around the x/y or y/z orientation.

I tried and the panels repeated to the interior of the building instead of repeating upwards.

You you have to build the panel laying down on the X axis?