Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Corner problem. How to fix it ?  (Read 3851 times)

Joker1979

Corner problem. How to fix it ?
« on: July 27, 2023, 10:08:51 PM »
I have a simple building model and all the corners look good except for one vertex "Make First" which causes an error and I don't know how to solve it. All the corners cut perfectly except for this one, is there a solution. And the second thing off topic, I noticed that after switching to the latest version of Railclone 6, the Quick Mesh option no longer works, you can even try it on my model that I sent, but the default option is now Adaptative.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Corner problem. How to fix it ?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 09:38:52 AM »
Hi,

To avoid this problem(s) with bevelling on the first/last vertex, please add a vertex (you can, for example, use the Divide tool) and set it to be the first one (by using the Make First command). We'll see what can be done in future versions.

Best regards,

Joker1979

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023, 09:04:42 AM »
Problem solved :) When I create a new raiclone object and copy the style from my previous old object, everything looks fine, I think I had an old railclone object in the scene, and when I updated the raiclone program to the new version and replaced it the problem disappeared.

Joker1979

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 09:08:43 AM »
I checked on many objects and it works, you need to create a new railcone object, copy the style from the old one and delete it, then add the old spline to the new railcone object, everything is fixed.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 11:41:12 AM »
Base Object->'Full Length' was unchecked in the original object.
That was causing the problem, because the spline is trimmed, leaving it open.

We just modified the code, to trim the spline only if Start/End parameters are in an applicable range.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software