Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Create a drop kerb - different principle  (Read 451 times)

RealViz

Create a drop kerb - different principle
« on: December 03, 2021, 08:43:03 AM »
Hi, I want to create a drop kerb but in a different way than in your tutorial (https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/tutorial_drop_kerb). The idea is that I have a closed curve, which I define an Array 2S tiling with "Extended X/Y Size to Area".
The MatID at the curve defines the curb reduction (not a problem), but how to make sure that the first element of the pavement is different if it lies at a specific MatID of the closed curve?
I tried to create two Array 2S with a condition on the MatID, but unfortunately that doesn't work for this case :-( Respectively, the whole curve with the given MatID must be enclosed and not just a part of it. The classical condition behaves the same way.
More in the picture.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 08:47:01 AM by RealViz »

RealViz

Re: Create a drop kerb - different principle
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 08:51:17 AM »
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way :-(

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 11:23:34 AM »
Hi,

I'm afraid that clipping splines don't support using materials IDs in that way. Your best bet is probably going to be to use separate X and Y Splines which will allows you to use IDs.

I'm also attaching a bit of a hacky version that uses markers. The key is to ignore the markers actual position on the spline as shown in the viewport and just see the percentage value as applying only to the X Axis of the array.

All the best,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

RealViz

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 01:01:13 PM »
Thanks!
Anyway, it's not quite 100%. It doesn't work for oblique/curved splines. Also, if the area is large, slanted tiles appear randomly in the area.
I finally found a better solution in the form of your SplineOffset plugin and a little trick. Anyway, it's also not 100%, because the tiles are not always completely aligned, but I might fix that too.
Attached...

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 01:03:26 PM »
Good idea to use Spline Offset, I can see now what you're going for. That'll be a much better solution. Nice one!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software