Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Creating presets with groups within?  (Read 343 times)

m.lamme

Creating presets with groups within?
« on: March 11, 2024, 01:30:51 PM »
Hi, just made my first railing that I was so satisfied with that I wanted to make it a preset. :P
Sadly, it didn't work at all as I was expecting. There's only one segment that becomes "embedded" as I use it in another scene. I've managed to locate it down to that I'm using grouped objects as the other segments. If I skip groups it works fine. But it would be nice to be able to create presets with groups within the preset.

Or am I wrong, and I have just missed something? :)

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Creating presets with groups within?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 01:36:11 PM »
Hi,

I'm afraid, that using Groups is not supported - as mentioned in our online documentation: "Groups cannot be 'embedded' within an RC object. When a Group is deleted from the scene, it's removed from RailClone as well."

We've not discarded completely the idea, but I have to say, that's not something feasible soon. Thanks for your comprehension.

Best regard,

m.lamme

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 01:50:57 PM »
Hi,

I'm afraid, that using Groups is not supported - as mentioned in our online documentation: "Groups cannot be 'embedded' within an RC object. When a Group is deleted from the scene, it's removed from RailClone as well."

We've not discarded completely the idea, but I have to say, that's not something feasible soon. Thanks for your comprehension.

Best regard,

Ok, thank you for the quick response! Not a huge deal, as long as you are aware of it when you start building with the intention to make it a preset. :)

nubo

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 12:32:39 PM »
@Michal,

How about a feature that would allow the library to merge the groups in the scene while loading the preset?  :D
That would be similar to the Forest Pack library mechanics, so maybe not so hard to implement?

Przemek